Titanet Beginner

• Male
  • from France
  • Member since Feb 6th 2017
  • Last Activity:
Profile Hits
  • Titanet

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x Reduce md array check.
    Your solution doesn't seem clear to me, I don't want to lose my data. I would rather try a solution like UnRaid.
  • Titanet

Ok, I get it. The question is how to remove the raid 1 mode from the administration interface without losing my data. Aren't there metadatas on the disks to check that the data is identical ?
  • Titanet

So, if I understand you correctly, you don't recommend using disks in raid mode to store files in a nas ! It's really very strange, because many users use disks in raid mode !
  • Titanet

I don't think you understand my problem. I don't need the mdadm task to check my raid every month. This task takes far too long and it prevents me from using my server normally.
  • Titanet

Edit : 72 h after the start of checking task, still checking... So i found this page https://community.ovh.com/t/ra…aille-des-disques/19179/8 (sorry, in french) were i can reduce to only 1 check every 3 month by modifiing /etc/cron.d/mdadm.
  • Titanet

Posted the thread OMV 5.x Reduce md array check.
    Thread
    I have an OMV5 server with 2 x 10Tb disks in Raid 1 mode. Every first Sunday of the current month, the system launches a "check md array". (/etc/cron.d/mdadm). The check takes more than 24 hours and my server becomes very slow (average load: 1.67, max…