trey.merkley Beginner

• Member since May 31st 2017
  • Last Activity:
Profile Hits
  • trey.merkley

Hey, that helped me, thanks! I didn't know that I needed to enable that service. I'm still struggling to get access, though: I keep getting permission denied errors when trying to access my share.
  • trey.merkley

Hey! I should have clarified: the guide is for set up on the client side, not the server side. Server side, it appears to be more or less set up, it's just getting automatic mounting on boot working.
  • trey.merkley

Thread
    So I'm trying to set up NFS, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to get it to mount properly. My plan is to follow this guide, but I figure I should make sure I can mount with `mount` first.

My options on NFS are:
    (Code, 1 line)

I have the id…
  • trey.merkley

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x resolved Upgrade 4.x -> 5.x A few problems after drive replacement and upgrade.
    I was able to fix it. My /etc/hosts file was improperly formatted, so sudo was broken, and that's why I was running into the problem with system information. By uninstalling and reinstalling samba, samba-common, and proftpd, and after that running…
  • trey.merkley

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x resolved Upgrade 4.x -> 5.x A few problems after drive replacement and upgrade.
    So I installed the LUKS plugin and now the filesystem comes up normally in the GUI. However, the lack of system information, the broken FTP and SMB, they're both still there. Thank you so much for getting me this far, what do you suggest for these?
  • trey.merkley

You know, I don't know if the readwrite failed: it ran with no output so I would assume it didn't and that it would give me an error if it did fail, but if not that's fine.

I want to say I did, so I'm reinstalling the LUKS plugin to see what happens.
  • trey.merkley

Oh, cool. Can you point me to the thread so I can do that? I didn't know you can turn off encryption.
  • trey.merkley

Thanks! The encryption should still be there, I didn't do anything to remove it and want to keep it.

I just ran that command and rebooted, but I'm not seeing any change in the GUI. I didn't figure I would, just on the off-chance I'm supposed to see a…
  • trey.merkley

I did try to wipe it and add a new partition table in Gparted, but no dice. I thought there was no official guide, otherwise I definitely would have used it. Thanks for looking into this!
    • cat /proc/mdstat
    (Code, 7 lines)

• blkid
    (Code, 6 lines)

• fdisk -l | grep
  • trey.merkley

Posted the thread OMV 5.x resolved Upgrade 4.x -> 5.x A few problems after drive replacement and upgrade.
    Thread
    I have a Raid1 and I was on 4.x. I had a move and in the process both of my drives were borked. One made the system unbootable and the other was still booting, just giving a warning when I do, so I promptly replaced the most-broken drive.

Trying to add…