toppi Intermediate

• Member since Dec 4th 2012
  • Last Activity:
Reactions Received
Profile Hits
  • toppi

Reacted with Thanks to Micha aussem Pott’s post in the thread OMV 5.x Upgrade 4.x -> 5.x AFP prevents applying changes - The state 'afp' does not exist.
    Reaction (Post)
    If someone else find this thread via a search engine (like me):

╰─➤ touch /usr/bin/omv-mkconf
    ╰─➤ chmod +x /usr/bin/omv-mkconf

And then:
    ╰─➤ dpkg --purge openmediavault-netatalk
    works.

It might be a good idea to remove the file afterwards :-)
  • toppi

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x resolved My resolv.conf is overwritten by dhcpd.
  • toppi

Reacted with Thanks to ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 5.x resolved My resolv.conf is overwritten by dhcpd.
    Reaction (Post)
    (Quote from toppi)

Correct. OMV 5.x uses netplan. So, your config will be in /etc/netplan/ in a yaml file.
  • toppi

Reacted with Thanks to ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 5.x resolved My resolv.conf is overwritten by dhcpd.
    Reaction (Post)
    (Quote from toppi)

apt-get purge dhcpcd* and yes it is safe as long as you have networking setup in OMV's web interface. Worst case, you will need a monitor and keyboard.
  • toppi

It works :-)

And /etc/network/interfaces in no longer used?
  • toppi

it´s x64 architecture. HP N54L. It runs OMV since Version 3 and it has always been updated to the newest version. From OMV 4 to 5 I followed one of your earlier migration steps. :-)

How can I deinstall dhcpd and is it safe to do so?
  • toppi

Posted the thread OMV 5.x resolved My resolv.conf is overwritten by dhcpd.
    Thread
    Hi all,

my resolv.conf is overwritten by dhcpd it says:

(Code, 8 lines)

In the GUI I have configured that eth2 uses a static IP and a static DNS which is 192.168.178.1.

IPv6 configuration is set to AUTO in the GUI.

I googled and thought it might be a good…