Myth3k Beginner

• Member since Oct 10th 2017
  • Last Activity:
Reactions Received
Profile Hits
  • Myth3k

Replied to the thread Portainer Alternative.
    As much as I like OMV I also like the style I've got going on. I can look into adding some env variables to enable theming soon if you really wanted to make it look like OMV (color wise).

BTW, Image, Network, and Volume managment are in Yacht now. I know…
  • Myth3k

That would definitely be out of scope unfortunately. I am open to adding an env variable to yacht to autoload OMV template variables though which may make it a bit easier for volume mounts.

The port forwarding side of things is already accomplished via…
  • Myth3k

Glad to hear that! It's definitely still a work in progress and lots of things are being worked on. If you have any feature requests or thoughts on things that you think should change please feel free to open a Feature request on…
  • Myth3k

Reacted with Thanks to ryecoaaron’s post in the thread Portainer Alternative.
    Reaction (Post)
    Yacht can be installed from the omv-extras Docker tab in 5.4 in the repo now. It is labeled as alpha.
  • Myth3k

I would love to hear your thoughts on it. I threw together a beginners guide and using the templates that are recommended (if you go to add a template and there aren't any it'll have the url of the templates I recommend) it should be…
  • Myth3k

Reacted with Like to crashtest’s post in the thread Portainer Alternative.
    Reaction (Post)
    (Quote from Myth3k)

I hate to admit that I didn't think about the restrictions surrounding that (Yacht itself is running in a container).

Still being able able to navigate the file system of the host, to set a bind point, would be nice if possible. …
  • Myth3k

Reacted with Like to Morlan’s post in the thread Portainer Alternative.
    Reaction (Post)
    Myth3k Great job you are doing. And great being in touch with the community!
  • Myth3k

More verbose errors are currently in the dev environment. Working on a few things and then they'll be pushed to master. I'll see about getting template variables to work with env variables as well as currently they're restricted…
  • Myth3k

Yes but Yacht runs in a container so that would require mounting an additional volume to include your network shares as it's restricted to it's own filesystem and I would like to keep the launch command as simply as possible.
  • Myth3k

Ill have to see if that's doable (since it's in a docker container). It may not be. There are template variables so you only need to set a path once and you can reuse it for every container you deploy.
  • Myth3k

Yes, this was added in the latest release.

Great suggestions everyone! Once I get updates, editing, and docker-compose support working I'll be working on adding networking settings/management (as well as volumes and images). If there's…