pcon Beginner

• Member since Oct 16th 2017
  • Last Activity:
Reactions Received
Profile Hits
  • pcon

Reacted with Like to mi-hol’s post in the thread OMV 5.x OMV neue Festplatte.
    Reaction (Post)
    (Quote from geaves)

Well maybe again we different assumption, but my IT support experience tells me that 80/20 rules apply.
    Documenting 80% of all possible scenarios is good enough and helps to answer at least 80% of all questions.
    Great documentation…
  • pcon

Reaction (Post)
    Thanks for all the positive feedback.
    The differences in our approaches to respond seem to be, that I first try to confirm assumptions before I jump on a conclusion.
    This is because I learned the hard way that "assumptions" specifically the ones never…
  • pcon

Reacted with Like to geaves’s post in the thread OMV 5.x OMV neue Festplatte.
    Reaction (Post)
    (Quote from mi-hol)

Actually FYI I was asked to do this, but creating a Raid doc or addendum is simply not feasible, scenarios are just too great to calculate and this is a classic case in point

You are obviously not technically minded , the OP to whom I…
  • pcon

Reaction (Post)
    (Quote from geaves)

I'd appreciate if you could verify this statement, I've opened Issue #943 in GH to improve the RAID related doc
  • pcon

Reaction (Post)
    Correct, it is bare minimum but points to the site with advanced usage https://raid.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/A_guide_to_mdadm
    describing the necessary details like:
  • pcon

Reaction (Post)
    (Quote from mi-hol)

Well you would :) the OP wanted information, which A) the docs do not contain B) probably neither does the wiki
  • pcon

Reaction (Post)
    (Quote from mi-hol)

The Raid information in the docs is about as helpful as a chocolate teapot, it is the bare minimum in the bare minimum sense!!
  • pcon

Reaction (Post)
    (Quote from tommy20209)

No, as the data is striped across 2 mirrored raids the capacity is determined by the smallest drive within the array, so to increase capacity you have change all four drives.

The suggestion of using Raid 5, with your current drive…
  • pcon

Reaction (Post)
    Hi, kann ich annehmen, dass Du die OMV Doku zu RAID gelesen und verstanden hast?
  • pcon

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x OMV neue Festplatte.
    You have a RAID 10, which means 2 x RAID 1 with 2 disks of 4 GB each. The 2 x RAID 1 are combined to 1 x RAID 0 with 8 TB. When a disk is replaced in your RAID 1 array, the disk must be at least 4GB in size for the RAID 1 mirror to be restored, the RAID…
  • pcon

Replied to the thread INIZIO X Rasberry.
    Un Raspi 4 con 4 GB va bene. Le 2 HDD di 10 GB non li puoi attaccare direttamente al USB del Pi 4. Al Pi 4 puoi usare direttamente 1 x HDD 2,5“ o 2 x SSD o 1 x HDD 3,5“ con alimentatore. Per 2 o più HDD si pu usare un USB HDD case con…
  • pcon

This is a HEVC videos 1080p (x265) maybe the Raspi HW HEVC decoder is not working. The Pi4 has a hardware HEVC decoder and must be enabled. See the Jellyfin documentation Hardware Acceleration

Maybe this post is helpfull: Jellyfin Hardware Acceleration
  • pcon

Reaction (Post)
    Thank you so much! I am an idiot, I thought "HW Transcoding" was its own thing, sorry. Since QuickSync requires VAAPI to work anyway, and Jellyfin also has VAAPI as an option , there really is no need to set QuickSync up with all the complications it…
  • pcon

Reaction (Post)
    Serious? You are still not reading the links that people are providing to you?

(Quote from gderf)

(Quote from pcon)

from https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/jellyfin
    (Quote)

• pcon

Acceleration on Docker. In order to use hardware acceleration in Docker, the devices must be passed to the container. See the Jellyfin documentation Hardware Acceleration the Parameters and Hardware Acceleration from Docker linuxserver/jellyfin

• pcon

Reaction (Post)
    The PSU in this cases are very reliable yes. It's not ASTEC but they have good components inside.

I have some A7879 ITX chassis that have run 24h a day during 8 years, and they still have perfect voltages (12V is very stable and less than 2% deviation)…
  • pcon

Replied to the thread Kann den Port 80 nicht ändern.
    Mit ssh auf der Konsole anmelden und omv-firstaid ausführen, unter Punkt 2 Configure network interface kann der Port auch geändert werden. Vielleicht hilft es.
  • pcon

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x Install on SSD and keep HDDs in standby?.
    You can set it for each HDD, see Storage -> Disks and then Edit.
  • pcon

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x Install on SSD and keep HDDs in standby?.
    Install OMV on the ssd and add the Data HDDs to OMV and set them to spin down.
  • pcon

Replied to the thread Lost access to omv web portal.
    Maybe you habe to: „Reset failed login attempt counter“ in omv-firstaid