nbbt Beginner

• Member since Aug 5th 2018
  • Last Activity:
Reactions Received
Profile Hits
  • nbbt

Replied to the thread Pcie sata expansion.
    Here you have some speedtests (not made by me) on various controllers:
    https://forums.unraid.net/topi…hput-during-parity-check/
  • nbbt

Both of the cards I was referring to will work with OMV 5. I'm sure because I use 'em with OMV.
    Answering about speed, I can't confirm if they will allow 200MB/s speeds as my WD 4TB drives cannot achieve it. I'm getting about 125 MB/s when copying files…
  • nbbt

True. So find him LSI SAS card for PCI-e x1 slot. Never saw such a thing.

(Quote from petrut85)

It should work as it's old marvell chip and well supported under Linux. But as I said before you will limit your maximum throughput with it.…
  • nbbt

I'm using older model from Asrock, namely J4205-ITX and also found 4 sata ports to not be enough. I can tell you what I use and why I've chosen this way of expanding number of SATA ports.

Having PCI-e 2.0 x1 limits your throughput to…
  • nbbt

Hi there.
    To recommend anything we need more information, especially your motherboard model or your PCI-e slot version. One thing I can say about SATA controllers is that I would vote against using more that 2 SATA ports controller in…
  • nbbt

Not quite but if you need to do it once you can follow what I wrote here:
    RE: How to mount HDD with OMV by label instead of UUID?
  • nbbt

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x resolved How to mount HDD with OMV by label instead of UUID?.

You can always downgrade to openmediavault_5.5.19-1, mount/remount your filesystems - they should mount by label, if not restart after downgrade and check again.
    Downgrading could be performed as simple as:
    (Code, 4 lines)

After you're…
  • nbbt

• nbbt

Thread
    Hello everyone,

I have a possibly stupid question to ask but I really can't figure out the drive size differences myself...
    I'm using OMV with few EXT4 formatted 4 TB drives, which transfers for 3,64 TiB capacity shown in "Storage->Disks" - I do see a…