Agricola Intermediate

• Male
  • from Northeastern Oklahoma, USA
  • Member since Sep 16th 2018
Reactions Received
Profile Hits
  • Agricola

Replied to the thread pi 4 help regarding usb raid.
    Another way to do the same backup using Rsync is through Scheduled Tasks using the following command:
    rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-label-SOURCE/ /srv/dev-disk-by-label-DESTINATION/
    This method allows you to have multiple shares in your SOURCE drive…
  • Agricola

Replied to the thread Error updating Nextcloud.

Buried somewhere in your Nextcloud folder is one or more files named packages.txt that the installer thinks shouldn’t be there. Ssh into your Nextcloud folder and find and remove them. Restart the update.
  • Agricola

Yes. That is how I have my Nextcloud running: abc.duckdns.org. What ever subdomain you have set up in DuckDNS. This guide by macom has a link to the subdomain route.

• Agricola

Replied to the thread Disaster Recovery Plan.
    The only issues I have ever read about on this forum concerning OS backups going south is from people in tears because they never made one.

My “integrated full configuration Backup/Restore feature“ involves
    1. Cold dd every month or so, or when there is a
  • Agricola

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x Backup Strategy.
    And...I can’t say enough about the simplicity and beauty if the mirrored backup described in the guide. A backup is only as good as it is when it’s needed to get your server back online after a data disk dies. Repointing your shares to the backup…
  • Agricola

Reacted with Like to crashtest’s post in the thread OMV 5.x Backup Strategy.
    Reaction (Post)
    Duplicity and borgbackup are higher level tools that may use rsync as a transport option.

Rsync is native to linux, it's been around for a very long time and it's small number of dependencies are part of the vast majority of Linux distro's. Since Rsync…
  • Agricola

Well put. My reasoning exactly. SATA is not necessarily better than usb, just faster.
  • Agricola

I don’t know. I’ve never used those. Just Rsync according to the guide I linked to above.
  • I made the transition from docker plug-in (OMV4) to Portainer (OMV5) and then to docker-compose with macom ’s Nextcloud Guide. Portainer was a steep climb but one day I sat down with two server pages - one running 4 and one running 5 - on the screen…
  • Agricola

The best Getting Started Guide. Back toward the back of the guide is a whole section on backup, OS and data.

If you have a SATA connection available don’t use usb.
  • Agricola

Reacted with Like to Morlan’s post in the thread OMV 5.x Docker remove and rebuild.
    Reaction (Post)
    Keep in mind that docker containers are isolated from the host file system. If the container needs access to a folder, it needs to be specified as a bind mount with the -v flag
  • Agricola

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x Docker remove and rebuild.
    I don’t have any services connected to my Plex, just an OTA DVR, so I cant help you any.

Although, moving your config folders around for those services may have a bearing on it. You might want to delete those dockers and build afresh.
  • Agricola

Okay. I see now. I probably shouldn’t have butted in at all.
  • Agricola

Oh!... yes, but mine looks like this. Obviously I've jumped into the deep end of the pool without my water wings. :-(

Are you creating your shares through the GUI or from the command line?
  • Agricola

I’m no Linux or OMV tech, so I’m just repeating what I’ve picked up on the forum.

Your shared folder paths are wrong. Go to your shared folders tab and touch one of the category headers and a menu will drop down. Click the absolute path check box and you…
  • Agricola

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x Local Nextcloud.
    You could probably use the docker-compose file here in macom ’s Nextcloud Guide and just delete the letsencrypt (swag) portion from line 29 on down. You will have to figure out where to insert a port in the file. In the TechnoDadLife video 3306 was…
  • Agricola

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x Local Nextcloud.
    You know, I may have misspoke a bit. I just made a quick scan through the video and it has a lot of frass that does not translate well into OMV5/Portainer/Stacks/docker-compose. There is a good bit of cli in it in setting up MySQL and other settings.

What…
  • Agricola

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x OMV5 Installation issue.
    I have set up Nextcloud three times in the past couple of years and I have had this problem every time with initial setup of Nextcloud. You (I) probably did not wait near long enough to let “everything” settle in. I guess it takes quite a while for…
  • Agricola

Replied to the thread resolved OMV 5.x Access OMV from outside.
    I have been fighting this thing on and off all day. So it turns out that after this last failure I looked at my /home/user folder in OMV and found ownership was "root root." You can laugh or you can groan, but I have it running now.

One last thing. You do…
  • Agricola

Replied to the thread resolved OMV 5.x Access OMV from outside.
    gderf the guide you linked to makes no mention of converting the public key to RFC4716 format. Do you not need to?

Also does the public key file reside in /home/“user”/.ssh in OMV