brianewman Beginner

• Member since Nov 21st 2018
Reactions Received
Profile Hits
  • brianewman

Reaction (Post)
    (Quote from brianewman)

It isn't done yet but I have a good amount done making the minidlna plugin use docker - https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…ediavault-minidlna-docker

The part I think is cool is using saltstack to deploy the container. I might have to…
  • brianewman

Reaction (Post)
    (Quote from brianewman)

I might look at converting the minidlna plugin to run minidlna in a docker. Then it would make a good model.
  • brianewman

Thanks. I was going to see if I could write a quick plugin that creates a webdav container in OMV5, but it doesn't look like I'll have time to learn all that right now. I'll just launch a container by hand and go with that for…
  • brianewman

Is the plugin development tutorial still accurate? I tried running through it but at the end of part 1, when I create example.inc and restart the engine, it breaks my OMV. Just trying to log into OMV results in "Failed to connect to socket: No such…
  • brianewman

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x How to install WebDAV on the OMV5?.

Here's a (probably crazy) thought...

1. Create a plugin that, instead of installing some service, builds a specific docker container and puts a config file in the right place so the container can see it. The config file would be…
  • brianewman

If you could write a framework where users could build a wizard and share it with the community, then you wouldn't need to maintain any of them (well, maybe a few core services). You just need to allow a power user to script a…
  • brianewman

Thanks for the explanations (which you didn't owe me at all), and thanks for all the work you've done maintaining the software..

Now that I've cooled off, I understand and respect your decisions. I can't imagine that Webdav is…
  • brianewman

Yeah, I was probably being over-dramatic. I came here to find how to enable Webdav to access a shared folder. To me, that's just another way to access your shares, like SMB or NFS, so I expected it to be part of the base NAS…
  • brianewman

I know this thread is a little old, but I'm just now making the jump from OMV4 to OMV5.

When the answer to "how do I enable this feature that was easy in version 4?" is simply "go find a docker image," it's time to find an alternative to OMV.

If I wanted…