apveening Student

• Male
  • from Rotterdam
  • Member since Jan 24th 2019
  • Last Activity:
Reactions Received
Profile Hits
  • apveening

Reacted with Like to 22/7’s post in the thread OMV 5.x Container settings.
    Reaction (Post)
    (Quote from apveening)

When I first set it up I changed the dns settings after the container had started.

I just did an exercise on backing up the pihole configs so now that I have a documented backup and restore process it shouldn't be a bother now.
  • apveening

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x resolved Install Jdownloader on Raspberry Pi 4.
    (Quote)

Is that a typo or did you copy/paste that?
  • apveening

Most likely because one (or maybe more) container(s) needed some place to store some data and you didn't provide a fixed location (volume/bind mount) for it, so every time that container is started it creates new volume. With the…
  • apveening

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x Container settings.

I don't know enough about the rest, but were your upstream DNS settings passed as environmental variables during the original container creation or did you fill them in after you started it? If the former, you may have a problem, if the…
  • apveening

Replied to the thread Portainer Alternative.
    I just installed Yacht and it immediately showed me a problem with one container that wasn't visible with Portainer until I did a deep inspection, something I wouldn't have done without some indication there was a problem.

It was a problem (continuous…
  • apveening

Replied to the thread Portainer Alternative.

That is how I began with OMV4 and the Docker plug-in. And I started on Docker because I couldn't get Pi-Hole working, so went for the Docker version, which necessitated macvlan. With the Docker plug-in I managed, with Portainer I…
  • apveening

Reacted with Thanks to crashtest’s post in the thread Portainer Alternative.
    Reaction (Post)
    Let me preface this with, "this is just my opinion".
    (Quote from trythat)

Portainer has lots of guides,, but I know what you mean. Lot's of How-To's exist for OMV4, to get things off the ground with the Docker plugin. Going back to Portainer; for a…