maciekelga Student

• Member since Jan 26th 2019
  • Last Activity:
Profile Hits
  • maciekelga

Regardless of the settings every hour parameter Start_Stop_Count and Load_Cycle_Count are increasing +1.
  • maciekelga

I just wondering how to extend life of my disk. But I see is better to left them running all the time instead of spin down and than running again. This are disk recommend for NAS so theoreticly it should be not any problem for them.
    So APM off? No spin…
  • maciekelga

I don`t think my USB to sata controller have a functionality to spin down.

Generally the NAS could be turned off overnight, let`s say between 1AM and 7AM. During the day, the disk could work, I don't mean saving energy, but saving disk usage.…
  • maciekelga

Thread
    Hi,
    I'm using a OMV 5 on Raspberry Pi 4 with two WD Red 1T 2.5" disk connected to USB 3.0.

I'm thinking how to set up correctly in OMV to keep disk in good condition for long time. Most of the time disk are not used. I am using a OMV in my private network…
  • maciekelga

Replied to the thread Major Upgrade Upgrade 4.x -> 5.x My approach on 4.x to 5.x - does this make sense?.
  • maciekelga

Replied to the thread Major Upgrade Upgrade 4.x -> 5.x My approach on 4.x to 5.x - does this make sense?.
    I also have a dilemma whether to change omv4 to omv5. Now I'm using OMV4 on Rock64.
    I want to install OMV on Raspberry pi 4 because of two usb 3.0 ports - i want to use two 1tb drives.
    Is it a good idea to go with OMV5 or install OMV4 on Rpi4?