dertourist48 Beginner

• Member since Feb 5th 2019
  • Last Activity:
Reactions Received
Profile Hits
  • dertourist48

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x Ordner lässt sich nicht löschen.
    Thread can be closed. It was a permission issue.
  • dertourist48

Replied to the thread unionfs question.
    Short update. So far changing the policy to mfs worked fine. The files are moved in an even manner. I created my first samba shares and installed and configured plex and so far there seems to be no issues. Thanks so far.
  • dertourist48

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x Festplatten zusammenführen.
  • dertourist48

Ok, first of all it looks like mfs works and files are added even to the drives.

Queston: Does moving files with this policy take more time ?
  • dertourist48

"If you change to the policy to Most Free Space, folders will be replicated across drives and files will be added to them in an even manner. That would give you what I think you're looking for, even distribution of files among all…
  • dertourist48

Gut, ich habe jetzt mal deinen Rat befolgt und einen "englischen" thread eröffnet. Um sicher zu gehen, jetzt kurz was ich verstanden habe.
    Ich erstelle einen Pool aus den den HDDs in unionfs mit der policy "Most free space". Anschliessend erstelle ich…
  • dertourist48

Well, I think I give it a try. It is quiet late so thanks and have a good night. I will give you a feedback of the outcome tomorrow. But before I will read
    https://github.com/trapexit/mergerfs and try to understand what I am exactly doing there :)
  • dertourist48

I am afraid no. Do I ? I mean, is it no sufficient that I create my shared folders under the created storage volume ?
  • dertourist48

Please ignore screenshots from first post. This was the first try. Second try was as you said. I created a pool of four disks and named this pool "storage" with the policy "Existing Path - most free space" When trying to put data one drive filled up and…
  • dertourist48

I tried to follow the tutorial of TDL.
  • dertourist48

added screenshot. storage is just name of the created pool.

Any help ?
  • dertourist48

Under the plugin unionfilesystem in omv 5 I created a pool of disk1,disk2,disk3,disk4.
  • dertourist48

• dertourist48

1. installed plugin unionfilesystem
    1. merge disk1,disk2,disk3,disk4 (all disks empty)
    2.created a new device and named it "storage"
    3. create samba share of "storage"
    4 used usb backup plugin to transfer media files from…
  • dertourist48

• dertourist48

Posted the thread unionfs question.
    Thread
    Hi there,

so i have 4x4 TB hdds which i'd like to merge. I created several folders on these hdds (movie,movie2,movie3 etc.). I then used unionfs to merge these 4 hdds under the share folder media. I filled those folder with some files. When I now try to…
  • dertourist48

ich bin nach dem TDL Tutorial vorgegangen und habe unionfs zusammen mit snapraid installiert. Drei Platten habe ich dann mit unionfs zusammengeführt und die vierte mit snapraid. Als ich dann mit dem usb backup programm die Daten auf den neu…
  • dertourist48

Posted the thread OMV 5.x Ordner lässt sich nicht löschen.
    Thread
    Ich habe mehrere Ordner erstellt auf die ich per Samba zugreifen kann, jedoch habe ich das Problem das sich ein Ordner nicht löschen lässt. Andere Ordner lassen sich ohne Probleme bearbeiten. Die Ordner befinden sich im selben Verzeichnis. Woran…
  • dertourist48

Posted the thread OMV 5.x Festplatten zusammenführen.
    Thread
    Hallo,

ich habe nun OMV 5 installiert und mit Hilfe der Tutorials versuche ich das System Schritt für Schritt aufzusetzen. Das NAS soll in Verbindung mit meiner Shield TV und Kodi hauptsächlich als Multimediaserver dienen (Filme, Musik. Fotos). Später…