claredad Student

• Member since Mar 18th 2019
  • Last Activity:
Reactions Received
Profile Hits
  • claredad

Reacted with Like to crashtest’s post in the thread OMV 5.x Filesystem Mountpoint Missing.
    Reaction (Post)
    clara0411

Edit:
    **Before doing the following, you might want to clear out the files from any incomplete copy operations and start with clean drives on the server. If something happens in a copy operation following, recovery and continuing is no big deal. …
  • claredad

Reacted with Like to Agricola’s post in the thread OMV 5.x Filesystem Mountpoint Missing.
    Reaction (Post)
    Testimonial: crashtest ’s mirrored backup section of his Getting Started pdf IS a must read. It is found near the top of the Guides section of this forum. The command used in a scheduled job is in my signature. I have recovered from a simulated disk…
  • claredad

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x Filesystem Mountpoint Missing.

Thanks crashtest. Thought you could only rsync shared folder to shared folder. How do you do drive to drive (mergerfs)?

I started doing a transfer last night with cloud commander, but that froze somewhere along the way.

So I've gone…
  • claredad

Reacted with Like to crashtest’s post in the thread OMV 5.x Filesystem Mountpoint Missing.
    Reaction (Post)
    I think the problem is the NTFS format. I believe it was depreciated as a source for shared folders because of permissions issues. There's no clean way to reconcile NTFS (Windows permissions) directly into the permissions of a POSIX compliant…
  • claredad

(Quote)

This is my Fstab.

/dev/disk/by-uuid/027A5D6B7A5D5C8B /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-027A5D6B7A5D5C8B ntfs defaults,nofail 0 2

Thats the Elements drive.

I notice that the drive is at 100% capacity (from the GUI). Could that…
  • claredad

Correct. In option 1, it automatically mounts, I dont get an apply option.
  • claredad

Scenario 1:

I plug in the HDD.
    It mounts automatically, no error
    Elements doesnt show up in Shared Folders -> Add list

Scenario 2:

Following on from above, I unmount in Gui.
    I remount.
    I get the error message.
    Elements does show up in Shared…
  • claredad

1. Before I reinstalled my OS it mounted fine
    2. If I unmount and remount the drive, I get that error message, but the drives shows up as an option for adding a shared folder.

Are those two things typical of the issue with Jmicron you…
  • claredad

No spaces, quotation marks, etc.
  • claredad

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x Issue Mounting USB HDD.

(Quote)

• claredad

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x Issue Mounting USB HDD.

When has clicking on external links ever hurt anyone? :P

Sorry, I tried that orginially, but it was over 10,000 characters, so I couldn't post, and was too lazy to split into two posts. Here it is now:

(Quote)

• claredad

No, the label is just "Elements". Before I did the new install of OMV, this mounted without any issues.

When its mounted on OMV (but I cant see it as an option in Shared folders), I can access the mount through Cloud Commander and…
  • claredad

I have the mergerfs set up as well as the Snapraid. Just need to do the scheduled jobs you mentioned.

Restoring my backup now, but issues mounting my usb backup (Issue Mounting USB HDD)

Will let ye know when I get everything…
  • claredad

Posted the thread OMV 5.x Issue Mounting USB HDD.
    Thread
    Hi.

I have a new install of OMV that I am setting up. I have my storage drive set up, and have a USB HDD that I want to copy information from. When I connect it, it mounts automatically, but it doesn't show up as an option for me to set it up as a shared…
  • claredad

Difficult getting time to do things here, but I have the fresh install now.

When I did the fresh install the degraded RAID was still showing up, and no option to remove. I used the mdadm command you previously suggested, and that stopped the RAID. Today,…
  • claredad

Ok, thanks for all your help. Like geaves, you are a true credit to the OMV community the way you provide such great support.

I'm planning to do a fresh install of OMV. Can I just remove the current RAID, then do the fresh install,…
  • claredad

Yes, I was planning to use MergerFS.

I can visibly spot check files in the backup, but it's there any way to automatically check the backup to be sure it's good?
  • claredad

Yes, I have a backup.

The array has 10TB of data.
  • claredad

Happy Christmas. Sorry about the long delay in responding... difficult Christmas with illness in the house. Not the virus though thankfully!

My new 6TB drive arrived, and I want to fit it and use Snapraid. Reading the Snapraid…
  • claredad

Thanks again for your help. I assume its prudent not to use the server until I get my replacement HDD, and get the RAID set up with 3 drives again?