MarcS Intermediate

• Member since Jun 21st 2019
  • Last Activity:
Reactions Received
Profile Hits
  • (Quote from davidh2k)

Hi - I have exactly the same problem on a rpi4. The link above is now closed and no real solution was found.
    I do have performance issues especially with my Nextcloud container.
    Have you seen any new developments that would resolve the…
  • MarcS

Posted the thread OMV 5.x Docker on BTFRS.
    Thread
    Has anyone here installed Docker on an BTRFS filesystem?
    I have massive issues with syslog filling up when Docker containers are running.
  • MarcS

Replied to the thread EXT4, ZFS or something else.
    I have used ZFS RAIDZ1 (=RAID5) for 2 years. Works really well, has a OMV plugin and is reliable.
    I added an SDD for Logging and Caching which added to performance.
    I dont feel any significant performance drop from ext4 and the benefits are plenty as you…
  • MarcS

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Docker on BTFRS very large subvolumes.
    thanks. That's an interesting article which explains the differences in reporting free space under "normal tools" and BTRFS.
    According to the article, normal tools show too much free space and BTRFS is actually pretending to be full.
    This however is not my…
  • MarcS

Yes - this seems reasonable. Why is there such a difference to above numbers?
    (Code, 5 lines)

• MarcS

A few but in total they only show around 3.2GB.

(Code, 10 lines)

• MarcS

thank you ! I tried and it does show slightly lower numbers but still 23GB which seems very high.

(Code, 2 lines)

• MarcS

Basically, this is my dockerfiles fodler. I am wondering what those 31 GB under BTRFS are when I have no data and only Nginx and Nexcloud running. Any ideas?

• MarcS

I did this but it released only 10MB. I am still surprised that 35GB are used up by Nextcloud and Nginx (no data on Nextcloud)
  • MarcS

I check the space with Midnight Commander. It gives me the size of the folder /mnt/dockerfiles/btrfs/subvolumes
  • MarcS

Reacted with Thanks to raulfg3’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Docker on BTFRS very large subvolumes.
    Reaction (Post)
    try docker system prune --volumes

and revise if free space
  • MarcS

Reacted with Thanks to Morlan’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Docker on BTFRS very large subvolumes.
    Reaction (Post)
    How did you check the space consumption? Docker uses BTRFS subvolumes/snapshots a lot when building container layers.

Maybe this article might help you: https://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/…almost_nothing_into_it.21
  • MarcS

Posted the thread OMV 5.x Dell workstation -> server.
    Thread
    Hello all, has anyone turned a Dell Precision T55xx, 56xx or 58xxx Workstation
    into an OMV server?
    I am in particular interested in SATA controller performance (non-RAID) and if people have swapped the inbuilt Sata controllers for any recommended 3rd party…
  • MarcS

Replied to the thread OMV 0.5 New device visible but not usable.
    A reboot fixed the above issues. I believe there may have been some incorrect OMV references somewhere.
    However, now I am getting new issues on both drives mentioned above in the Syslog. Maybe anyone has seen this before:

"Dependency failed for filesystem…
  • MarcS

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Docker on BTFRS very large subvolumes.
    Thread
    I have Docker installed on a BTFRS filesystem and found massive amount of data in "dockerfiles/btfrs/subvolumes". In total there are 36GB used by Docker in this one sub-folder.
    I only run Nextcloud and Nginx on Docker and Nextcloud has zero data stored…
  • MarcS

I have another OMV server (4.1.36-1) which also developed HD issues. Do you think they are related?
    OMV writes this message into my syslog every 30 seconds:

Jan 11 12:42:58 OMV monit[2764]: 'mountpoint_srv_dev-disk-by-label-EncExt3600GB' status failed (1)…
  • MarcS

Ok, I think I might rather replace my controller to a model that is not JMicorn.
  • MarcS

but the link which you shared says if I update, "JMIcron might break my configuration"
  • MarcS

Hi - thanks for responding. I am using 5.5.21-1 and you are right, the added HD is a connected via USB3 and it uses a JMicron controller.
    What shall I do?
  • MarcS

It wont even let me go onto SMART. The OMV window pops up with the mentioned error message.
    Device....not found.

I know that OMV always had issues with detecting HD controllers correctly and everyone had to manually fix some stuff. I assumed…