HannesJo Intermediate

• Member since Sep 9th 2019
Reactions Received
Profile Hits
  • HannesJo

No. You can use the Encryption Plugin for encryption of whole drives. Actually it can also manage encrypted partitions but you have to setup them manually.

File based encryption must be done manually. But maybe the best way for file based encryption is to…
  • HannesJo

Replied to the thread Rsync wiped destination.
  • HannesJo

At least this is against my assumption that mounting may be the problem. But unless you provide complete information and answer questions, no one can help.
  • HannesJo

I don't know about SUSE, but on Ubuntu I've had similar problems due to the mounting. When using mount, you may read about mount options uid, gid, file_mode and dir_mode (https://linux.die.net/man/8/mount.cifs) in order to get matching permission…
  • HannesJo

Edit: Sorry, misread. It goes over LAN if possible.

(Quote from DaveOB)

I think that is not true. The idea of Home users is that they don't have to pay anything if you already have a plex pass. You may verify that in Plex forums.
  • HannesJo

You can create managed users in Plex. That is the perfect solution if everything stays in one household. You have only 1 set of plex login data. If you want to grant access to a family member with an own plex account with its own login data, you can…
  • HannesJo

I think that is already the automatic quick and dirty method if something went wrong. If your permissions are set properly and share is mounted correctly, that should not happen.
  • HannesJo

Posted the thread Fail2Ban / Security Talk.
    Thread
    Hey folks!

I'm starting this thread to get some input about your knowledge and experience on server security in general and maybe fail2ban in particular.

Since yesterday I am receiving lots of emails from my fail2ban service, banning IPs for invalid login…
  • HannesJo

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Converting EXT4 to BTFRS.

I'm also very interested in what happened exactly? What does your setup look like? Which Kernel do you use?
  • HannesJo

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x Help with permissions.
    Permission issues have most likely nothing to do with OMV, but linux itself. You are free to abandon OMV but if you dont understand linux permissions, any linux based server will lead to such issues. And even windows servers are using a permission…
  • I am not absolutely certain but I think installing plain Debian first is even the only way to change partitioning and formatting of system disk. But I think you may find several threads in the forum where votdev answered that question.

About BTRFS vs ZFS.…
  • That is exactly what I'm sitting on. To install OMV on an encrypted BTRFS Drive, the easiest (only?) way is to just install debian (without desktop) on LUKS encrypted BTRFS drive and then install OMV on it.

When setting up storage, you can just LUKS…
  • HannesJo

Reacted with Like to gderf’s post in the thread OMV 5.x resolved Remote Mount Plugin "Quota Error".
    Reaction (Post)
    I have seen similar errors and I have no user or group quotas enabled. I have solved it by running the following command to disable quotas:

(Code, 1 line)

• HannesJo

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x Web Interface for upload/download.
  • HannesJo

Replied to the thread OMV 6.x (alpha) OMV 6 Release.

Oh, I see. I just had browsed through the github issue and at the beginning there was nothing about proposal. But well it's been there for a while now. Missed that. However, do you currently tend to yes or no?
  • HannesJo

Replied to the thread OMV 6.x (alpha) OMV 6 Release.
    In the meantime you could spend some time getting familiar with btrfs as it is supposed to replace ext4 as main filesystem in OMV6. Ext4 wont't be supported anymore.
  • HannesJo

Reaction (Post)
    Hi guys,

I just did a fresh, clean install of OMV5 on Raspberry Pi 4 with a WD external USB3 Hard Drive as storage. Everything works perfectly, as a charm!
    Only issue I had, was that after a reboot, Docker became corrupt and running docker or
  • Yeah if I remember correctly there is an issue with missing files in that firmware package. You must download this file by hand.
    (Code, 3 lines)