vatastala Beginner

• Member since Sep 19th 2019
  • Last Activity:
Profile Hits
  • vatastala

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x Problems with Corrupted data.
    Hi crashtest, after some days I can definitively say that the situation is absolutely NOT STABLE, infact not every time I check an archive I got no errors, some time I reboot, check and It's ok...CRAZY!!! Also, the machine is powered on H24, and…
  • vatastala

I verified many files and at the end maybe 1 or 2 files are corrupted, because of they are in from many time so before the strange behavior...I'll pay more attention in the future when I'll store data on It.
  • vatastala

I installed OMV last version from scratch and the problem seems gone, I'm doing many many tests but no more errors...the only differences between the old OMV Vm and the new are:

- The old VM was upgraded different times
    - The VM conf is a little different…
  • vatastala

I installed Knoppix but, even If I have a little knowledge, It's a waste of time SMB configuration...could you please suggest a quick guide for this? Sorry but I don't find enough documentation...
  • vatastala

Yes sure, I configured Proxmox to present this PCI card to each VM I want to configure, simply adding a line in the VM configuration with the PCI address of the card itself
  • vatastala

This is the card:

https://www.sybausa.com/index.…=64_181_85&product_id=156

I understand what you say, but for the moment I'd like to investigate further trying your other suggestion, I'm going to download knoppix live and see If It…
  • vatastala

Yes both on the same host
  • vatastala

Hi,

after the long SMART test, I confirm that there are no problems on the disks, seems that everything is ok.

Regarding Network, I have a SINGLE cable from my router to the Host machine, so all the rest of the network is made by…
  • vatastala

Hi crashtest, I think It's a fantastic answer!!! Thank you!

I'm goint to start one by one what you suggested, I have time and I want to investigate more this issue. Going to launch long self-test on each drive, I'll keep you updated.…
  • vatastala

I tried everything...Using winrar or 7zip---splitted archive or single...Changing the virtual eth on Proxmox...Everytime I copy my archive on OMV ext4 fs, I have a CRC error...really frustrating...
  • vatastala

Nothing, via FTP the problem persists...I really don't understand what to investigate further, the disks seems ok, one of them is new and I added to the pool correctly
  • vatastala

I don't know, yes It's a simple PCI card with sata ports, the brand is SYBA
  • vatastala

Yes I did, I don't have any error...now I'm going to investigate on SMB because I did a configuration to preserver old devices compatibility like this:

client min protocol = NT1
    ntlm auth = ntlmv1-permitted

I'm going to copy data for example via FTP and test
  • vatastala

Posted the thread OMV 5.x Problems with Corrupted data.
    Thread
    Hi all, I have a configuration with 4x4TB WD disks in a OMV 5.5.11.1 installation, upgraded in time. I configured a RAID5 with an 11 TB ext4 file system, and actually there are 8 TB of data. The OMV installation is made under PROXMOX with the…