tannaroo Intermediate

• Member since Nov 23rd 2019
  • Last Activity:
Reactions Received
Profile Hits
  • tannaroo

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x Web UI issues.

sorry I looked through the OMV documentation but couldn't find how to do this?
  • tannaroo

I think my dockers are seeing the external drives with the underlying data because if I go to plex I can play a movie or LMS - I can play a song (these are on the external drives).

Is there a way to change the setting to stop if filling…
  • tannaroo

Yes the directories are there but using ndcu shows nothing in the subdirectories and I can't seem to cd into the subdirectory (but maybe this command is wrong)

(Code, 10 lines)

• tannaroo

i'm navigating around using ncdu and underlying directories are not there but if i use windows explorer i see them and the omv ui shows the external drives as mounted with data being used.

when i try to ssh and cd into the external…
  • tannaroo

They're there but the underlying directories are empty but I guess that is what should be expected as they should not be on the system drive?
  • tannaroo

oops - i had deleted them before i received your post. I reattached my drives and everything seems ok - i hope i havent done long term damage?
  • tannaroo

So ncdu -x has found 9GB of backup data - so I guess coud this be one of my drives failed to mount for some reason and then the backup was made on my root drive?

So its safe to delete everything within /srv if my external drives are disconnected as this…
  • tannaroo

ok so if I have done it right, I changed my directory to cd /srv and then ran ncdu -x

it finding loads of files. it seems my external hard drives are mounted even though at the moment they physically disconnected

EDIT: This is whats showing in /srv
  • tannaroo

I've unmounted all data disks but how do I check the mount points please?
    EDIT: As all I see now is my root system drive with only 65MB left
  • tannaroo

EDIT: I''ve installed and ran ndcu and it only shows 4.6GB but OMV UI shows 15GB
  • tannaroo

Thanks.

I followed that and have 4.6G in a non directory at the bottom but dont know how to access the directory?

The total here adds up to about 9-10G but OMV UI says 15G (which is the size of my system drive).

(Code, 17 lines)

• tannaroo

Sorry guys this has happened again my system drive is almost full but yet my docker installation are on separate externa HDD (not root drive). (i.e. after it happened the first time, I uninstalled Docker and containers and reinstalled to a separate…
  • tannaroo

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x resolved Storage - Email Notification.
    Even though I have deselected everything other than filesystems - I just get bombarded with notifications every 5 - 10 mins. Is there a way to control the timing?

i just want to receive message when one of my disks reaches the 85% or at worse get a…
  • tannaroo

:)
  • tannaroo

sorry I'm looking at the system log within OMV UI.
  • tannaroo

I have re: post 8. My DNS is fine - i can ping google.com. I've checked the credentials etc and it should work but yet mail log gives the 'network is unreachable', even when I SSH into the omv machine, I can ping.google
  • tannaroo

Hmmm - I've looked on google settings and cant really see an option to add OMV access as a third party access. And OMV did not send a message to google asking for access, so maybe its falling over before this.
    I've checked/tried all of the different…
  • tannaroo

Yes I can ping google.com but you raise something that I hadn't checked. I seem to recall gmail switching to 2 factor authentication, so not sure if I need to check gmail settings to allow OMV.

I never received a message from gmail saying someone was…
  • tannaroo

I use pi-hole on sepearate pi - could that be an issue