magarity Beginner

• Member since Dec 1st 2019
  • Last Activity:
Profile Hits
  • magarity

Thanks, unfortunately this seems to be a problem with the Win 10 client. I found and deleted the directory on the OMV server and it stayed gone until I opened recycle bin on the client. Then it suddenly reappeared on the server while the client popped up…
  • magarity

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x Install OMV on Pi4 without Raspbian.
    For x86 based hardware the OMV images include the Linux OS but for ARM systems like RPi you must install some Linux first then the OMV package. Raspian, Debian server, whatever. Raspian makes the most sense and is easiest. The people who told you that…
  • magarity

Just use the 'lite' Raspian. Is there some reason you need to avoid it? Any other Linux distro is just going to be harder to set up for a Pi.
  • magarity

My use is about the same as your except only 3 cameras instead of 5. My ancient AMD A6-3500 tri-core stays around 20% load. I suggest you get as low power a CPU as they offer since any new model will be able to keep up. I think AMD has quad cores that…
  • magarity

Replied to the thread Connecting two USB drives.
    Ya, I have to agree about the power - the easiest solution is to get a powered USB hub for the drives instead of plugging them straight to the pi.
  • magarity

Thread
    I toggled on the 'enable recycle bin' option on an SMB share. Now my Windows 10 client complains that the recycle bin on that share is corrupted. I tried just removing it by un-toggling in the OMV setting, which saved the change and shows not enabled.…