auanasgheps Intermediate

• from Milan, Italy
  • Member since Dec 12th 2019
  • Last Activity:
Reactions Received
Profile Hits
  • auanasgheps

Replied to the thread Recovering from a power surge.

I'm no UPS expert, but is it "healthy"?
    Blackouts are an easy task, but spikes from events like thunderstorms or network issues are unpredictable, although an UPS should manage it!

(Quote from dantebarba)

You could use borbackup…
  • auanasgheps

Replied to the thread Recovering from a power surge.
    I had a similar experience in the past when I was a kid and didn't had a UPS.
    Spikes like these can break your entire system and you're probably aware of this, but sometimes I've seen corrupted partitions/mbr during similar events.

This is an event I'm…
  • auanasgheps

Replied to the thread Offsite backup with rsync?.
    lol I actually forgot I made this lonely post.

I figured out that Rsync is not the ideal candidate.
    I played a lot with Borgbackuup which is perfect for this purpose, then wrote extensive guide here.

The main pre-requisite is setting up SSH key…
  • Maybe you'll find this useful:

Instead of using a poll interval, I prefer to schedule Watchtower to update containers when I want to do so during a quiet period.

Here's the docs:
    https://containrrr.dev/watchtower/arguments/#scheduling

Watch out the cron…
  • auanasgheps

Replied to the thread ITALIANI QUI ?.

Purtroppo non so darti una risposta precisa.
    Considera che il mio sistema è installato da febbraio e occupa (stabilmente) 2.5 GB circa di spazio occupato.
    Certo, qualcosa potrebbe andare in errore e inondarti di log, ma è…
  • auanasgheps

Quali applicazioni o container hai installato? È colpa di una di quelle se si esaurisce lo spazio.
  • auanasgheps

Reaction (Post)
    (Quote from auanasgheps)

Yes, me too. Actually I didn't know it existed in the first place. I'm sure I have seen it listed in the plug-ins but didn't have a clue what it was and ignored it. Funny when you discover something you didn't know you needed.
  • auanasgheps

Replied to the thread Downloader Plugin YouTube To MP3.

a big LOL for this one

I've bookmarked the link so next time I can bash those who still want to use Transmission/Plex plugins
  • auanasgheps

Reaction (Post)
    (Quote from auanasgheps)

In general, I usually say the "Downloader" plugins have not been ported to OMV 5.x. The funny part is that the only plugin with downloader in the name is the only one that has been ported. RE: Why should you use or not use
  • auanasgheps

That's funny. I thought it was discontinued, maybe got confused with the transmission plugin.
    Only by reading this thread I discovered it's still alive :)
  • auanasgheps

I would recommend this Docker container which has a GUI for youtube-dl, the best video downloader out, not only from Youtube.

This GUI has customizable options and you can select MP3 output. I think is the best option and you don't have to rely on shady…
  • auanasgheps

Reacted with Like to Thormir84’s post in the thread ITALIANI QUI ?.
    Reaction (Post)
    (Quote from auanasgheps)

Per questo motivo gli chiedevo come era installato; personalmente uso Docker già da OMV4.
  • auanasgheps

Non esiste più il plugin da OMV5 e sinceramente non si dovrebbe più usare OMV4.
    (Quote from macchese)

Ti consiglio di imparare l'approccio di Docker, è molto più facile installare e configurare le applicazioni.
  • auanasgheps

Sì, Transmission devi installarlo con Docker.
    Segui questa guida
    youtube.com/watch?v=IXyc8xGbqRY
  • auanasgheps

I guess we should stick with fsarchiver, both of us confirmed works very well. Borg isn't really made for this purpose.
    My goal was to save on bandwidth - I upload OMV backups every night to Google Drive using Rclone, but it's not a…
  • auanasgheps

Borg/the plugin backs up the root file system, which you can specify if not detected automatically.
    I also believe the logic that picks up this file system is built in the plugin itself, in fact fsarchiver works fine.

To restore, you…
  • auanasgheps

Thanks.
    I discovered that
    • grubparts does not restore correctly if I replace the virtual disk with an identical one
    • grubparts restores correctly if I just format the disk/override partition table.
    I don't know if this could be limited…
  • auanasgheps

Both my real system and this VM are MBR, but just by mistake.
    In the future I will redo everything in UEFI.

So, here are the steps:
    • Mount the filesystem where backup is located
    • Restore partition table with the following command:
    dd
  • auanasgheps

Thread
    Hi,

I am testing borgbackup as backup method in openmediavault-backup plugin. I've been using fsarchiver but I wanted something more efficient.

Using a VM, I deleted the OMV system disk and created a new one, then booted with systemrescue 7.0. I am…
  • auanasgheps

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x 2 identical HDD - one spins down other not.