Noki Beginner

• Member since Jan 6th 2020
  • Last Activity:
Profile Hits
  • Noki

The IP thing worked! (probably after getting file permissions working first).

I opened Chromium (instead of Firefox for a fresh start in browser) and loaded the IP instead and boom once logged in it asked me to add media to my library from the server it…
  • Noki

I changed it so that 'Noki' (PUID 1000) owns all files and directories in 'Media' down, no change in Plex.
    (Code, 12 lines)

I can get a 'No Soup for you' message when I log out and back in, so it's definitely an access/permission issue.
  • Noki

I can assure you I have checked them, but here for the sake of thoroughness.
    (Code, 10 lines)

Now the 'Disk' is owned by root, which seems correct to me so I don't see a need to mess with it.

Removed the quote, I got it after I posted. Yeah I assume it's…
  • Noki

Yes, I realise that, and I have confirmed that all sub-directories and files are under the correct ownership via ssh. Since Plex is the only thing not working, SMB and CIFs and ReadyDLNA setups all work fine, I assume it is a Plex config problem, hence…
  • Noki

The whole directory 'media' is owned by 'nobody'. Both from within OMV and when I ssh to check the file system, all files and all folders in that directory.

• Noki

The files are owned by 'nobody' and group 'users' in the filesystem. I have tried using their UID 65534 which did nothing. The main ordinary user I have is 'Noki' PID 1000 which I have also tried, this is the user I use for normal file sharing on the NAS…
  • Noki

I created a new share and called it movies then adding a single file to it (a random MCU movie) and then restarted plex. Still the same result.

I'm stuck for what to try next. Is it permissions, have I missed something in config, I really don't know at…
  • Noki

The config folder is working fine, and this article suggests any directory name is fine (in fact they are very similar to mine just on Windows), it sounds like it just needs to be pointed to correctly. Hence adding this config.

I was leaning towards a…
  • Noki

Hi, the server is local, it's installed on my NAS which is Running OMV5 and Portainter. I can then access it through my browser on my desktop machine which is on the same ip range 192.168.1.XXX http://kablamo.local:32400/web…l#!/get-plex-media-server
  • Noki

I still can't figure this one out, any help appreciated.
  • Noki

Thread
    Hi All,
    using OMV5 for a while not, really good experience.

I'm new to Portainer and Plex and I am trying to get Plex setup right. I have installed it thusly aside from fixing the noexec thing (I don't know what it is).

I am able to access my plex web…