bazookas Beginner

• Member since Feb 16th 2020
  • Last Activity:
Profile Hits
  • bazookas

Correct sir!

Maybe I was not clear enough from get go, my apologies.
  • bazookas

OK I completely misunderstood how the report works. My bad

But my Proxmox is updated to latest

And I dont know what more evidence I should provide, to me those screenshots are self-evident
  • bazookas

OMV4 reports 4.19.0

when in fact its 5.4.78

Is it normal that 2 different OMV versions are reporting different kernels on same Proxmox node ?
  • bazookas

If I install 16GB to my new PC and boot it up, I expect to see OS reporting 16GB ram installed when I boot up and no mater how many GB apps use, OS should still report 16GB is installed into PC.
    Not 14.43GB or 11.98GB or whatever. If thats normal then I…
  • bazookas

No operating system I have worked so far does something like that.
  • bazookas

I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say.
    Check the 2.,3. & 4. picture and the amount of ALL RAM omv reports to have it in each of the picture.
    It goes from 18.13GB to 13.46GB and to 12.82GB
  • bazookas

Just an update. All works fine on OMV4, no voodoo with shrinking RAM, so you devs have some work with OMV5.

Thanks
  • bazookas

Anyone ? No one encountered anything like this before? Is this a bug I can report ?

EDIT:

I have now created OMV4 VM in proxmox and passtrhough all the disk to it from my OMV5 vm.
    Everything is exactly the same as on OMV5 and I have started SnaprRAID sync.
  • bazookas

Thread
    Hi all

I have OMV 5 version installed couple of weeks ago. When I run the snapraid command to sync suddenly RAM amount shrinks, from 18GB to 15GB and then 13GB and sometimes 12GB.
    Hosting it on Proxmox.

All the disks are used in Snapraid with scsi10 being…