scottjcpp Beginner

• Male
  • from Connecticut, U.S.A.
  • Member since Feb 19th 2020
  • Last Activity:
Reactions Received
Profile Hits
  • scottjcpp

Replied to the thread resolved OMV 5.x Broken connection to shared directories.

• scottjcpp

Thread
    Hey again friends.

So OMV is Rsyncing drive a to drive b every night.
    Both identical 4TB drives

The primary drive shows 699 GB used
    The backup drive shows 1.3 TB used

Any thoughts on how that may have happened? I turned on delete files that don't exist on…
  • scottjcpp

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x resolved Error after reinstall.
    And today I no longer receive the error above (without doing anything). Whatevs :-)

Appreciate the feedback!
  • scottjcpp

Reacted with Thanks to votdev’s post in the thread OMV 5.x resolved Error after reinstall.
    Reaction (Post)
    The auto-complete feature will be disabled for various password fields in openmediavault 5.5.15, see https://github.com/openmediava…9b526a276a53f36695f5fe88d.
  • scottjcpp

Posted the thread OMV 5.x resolved Error after reinstall.
    Thread
    Hey gang. Reinstalled OMV today to overcome a laundry list of issues post upgrade on a (previous) system.
    Seems to be humming along nicely but I tried to manually run a local rsync job (two NAS drives... one to the other... just like we've done daily…
  • scottjcpp

• scottjcpp

Ha! OK so I'm hearing "Scott you're over-complicating things". Fair enough.
    Thanks.
  • scottjcpp

Thread
    Have an unresolved issue in the forum:

"Broken connection to shared directories"

Since we were thus far unable to resolve that issue, out of desperation I'm prepared to reinstall OMV fresh and reconnect to the existing two NAS drives.
    Possible, yes? The…
  • scottjcpp

Fingers crossed someone has the key to resolving this issue. Thank you for your time and suggestions to this point.

Worse case (I'm not there yet) a reinstall I suppose :-(

I assume it is not a big deal to reintsall OMV and connect to the two existing drives…
  • scottjcpp

OK omv-update did not seem to change anything.

The quotaoff -v /srv/* command reported back that five differernt mountpoints or devices were not found or have no quota enabled.

Still when trying to apply changes, I receive the error. Uggh :-)

Failed to
  • scottjcpp

Hey there thanks. I set it to "none"... it was indeed an invalid entry. Now that I apply changes I get a different error:

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; omv-salt…
  • scottjcpp

Thanks for that. Your assist is much appreciated. So...

Reset perms on the shared folders (clearing all acl’s) did not seem to resolve anything.
    Removed shared folders from services then shared folders. 'Shared folders in use' now show a blank slate.

• scottjcpp

Posted the thread resolved OMV 5.x Broken connection to shared directories.
    Thread
    Hello friends. I'm hoping an Obi-Wan among you can help me out of this hole I've fallen into :-)

V 5.5.13-1 (Usul)

Applied all updates and had some failures… reverted changes. All seemed ok but now I see the shared directories (Data1 for example… as well…