psolimando Beginner

• Member since Aug 21st 2020
  • Last Activity:
Profile Hits
  • psolimando

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x OMV Raid lost after a power hit.
    yeah .... working on it .... but it was the problem having two SATA cards and the raid was across the two cards. Have a 8 port sata card now and no more problems so far.
  • psolimando

Replied to the thread One of my 4 raid drives is missing.
    OK (as it says Beginner) Just an update for some background. Looks like in order to have a boot drive and 4 raid drives I did something unwise and put the last of the 4 raid drives on a different SATA controller. That seems to be the drive that falls…
  • psolimando

Yeah that is what I was afraid of, the one SATA port might be bad ..... I am not sure but I believe that sata port caused a drive problem once before. Looks like I may have to get more in-depth with this problem. This is an old motherboard I resurrected…
  • psolimando

Well OMV dropped the drive out of the RAID ..... So I took OMV down (Shutdown) and replaced the drive.
    Brought the system back up. Wiped the new Drive and added it to the Raid. It started rebuilding the raid and took about 24 hours to do so. This morning…
  • psolimando

OK so I realized, for some reason it thinks that WD RED 2tb drive is no good. So I replaced it with a known good Toshiba 2tb. Tested the hell out of that WD drive and it comes up good every time ?!?!?! So now that my system took 24 hours to rebuild I see…
  • psolimando

OK wiped it and added it back to the raid and it is re-building.... that takes about 6 hours. Thanks we will see how it goes.
  • psolimando

Thread
    See attached document, the last time this happened we had a power hit, but unaware of any power problems this time.