snsnse Beginner

• Member since Sep 11th 2020
  • Last Activity:
Profile Hits
  • snsnse

Reacted with Thanks to subzero79’s post in the thread OMV 5.x MAC address change.
    Reaction (Post)
    It shouldn’t change on upgrade, odd issue there. But why don’t you paste the new address in the dhcp list of the router.
    Omv doesn’t provide in the web ui a field Mac change.

Other than that you should check netplan configuration at /etc/netplan And check…
  • snsnse

Reacted with Thanks to gderf’s post in the thread OMV 5.x MAC address change.
    Reaction (Post)
    If you want a static IP address on your OMV machine is there some reason you cannot configure a static IP address on the interface directly within OMV's System | Network | Interfaces panel?
  • snsnse

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x MAC address change.
    Thanks much for your suggestions, I'll check the netplan configuration. Do you know why setting

allow-hotplug eth0
    iface eth0 inet dhcp
    hwaddress ether 00:1e:06:42:4a:6f

in e.g. /etc/network/interfaces.d/hwaddress doesn't work? According to…
  • snsnse

This is not about altering the hardware address in the actual hardware.

Maybe I didn't describe my problem adequately: after running the aforementioned updates the eth0 device was registered at my DHCP server with a different MAC address, resulting in the…
  • snsnse

It's not a conclusion I came to but a fact. As is well known, MAC addresses can be altered, see here for example. Anyway, can someone contribute something as to why recent OMV/armbian updates would do this and what the mechanism in this case is to keep…
  • snsnse

Posted the thread OMV 5.x MAC address change.
    Thread
    I'm running openmediavault 5.5.9 on an odroidn2 with armbian 20.08.1.

Recently I ran the updates and this caused the MAC address of the eth0 adapter to change. Since I really rely on it to be static I set

iface eth0 inet dhcp
    hwadress ether…