edogd Beginner

• Member since Sep 12th 2020
  • Last Activity:
Reactions Received
Profile Hits
  • edogd

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Issues with UnionFS.
    unionFS or rather mergerfs disables file caching so as not to double cache the file system (see the github page for mergerfs). This impacts things like databases and programs that need mmap functionality. So it's recommended not to place docker…
  • edogd

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Rsnapshot change start time.
    Thank you. I set the hourly number to zero. And it seems to be working there are no more hourly snapshots. However I do see that the script is still running every hour and waking up the discs. The system logs confirm this and I hear the hard drive spin…
  • edogd

Thread
    I am having problems getting my snapraid diff script email summaries because they are too big.
    This is the error that I get in mail.log

Oct 1 23:39:15 myserver postfix/master[1527]: daemon started -- version 3.4.14, configuration /etc/postfix
    Oct 2…
  • edogd

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Rsnapshot change start time.
    Is there a way to make rsnapshot run once a day instead of hourly?
  • edogd

Replied to the thread rsnapshot.
    I have the same question. What if I only want it to run once per day instead of hourly?
  • edogd

Reaction (Post)
    (Quote from pikzi)

No! wipe it OMV's GUI
  • edogd

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x USB OS Drive very hot.
    @ryecoaaron thanks it's running as you said.

Any thoughts why I can't see any graphs on the disk I/O?
  • edogd

I installed the disk stats plugin, but I am not sure where to observer the output. I went to Dashboard -> System Information -> Performance Statistics Disk I/O and usage. But those tabs are blank.
  • edogd

I have performed the optional step and will see if it makes any difference.

How can I tell if the plugin is running.
  • edogd

Posted the thread OMV 5.x USB OS Drive very hot.
    Thread
    I am running my OMV 5 setup using a SanDisk 64GB Ultra Fit USB 3.1 Flash Drive - SDCZ430-064G-G46 USB stick. I have installed the flash memory plugin. But I did not run the "optional" steps listed in the plugin's tab.

I have noticed that my usb stick is…
  • edogd

Posted the thread OMV 5.x SnapRAID action scheduling.
    Thread
    I need some clarification regarding what needs to be setup after installing snapraid and setting up the disks. In the TechoDAD videos he says to add schedule job for running snapraid sync. However, in the SnapRAID services page there is a diff scripts…
  • edogd

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x Change mount point of unionfs.
    Thanks the symlinks plugging works just fine.
  • edogd

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x Change mount point of unionfs.
    if i make changes to fstab, won't the web gui overwrite it I update my configuration?
  • edogd

Posted the thread OMV 5.x Change mount point of unionfs.
    Thread
    I have created a unionfs pool called fred-pool. However the mount point at the CLI is /srv/{some long string of numbers} How I don't see anywhere in the web gui to set this to a nicer mount point name like /srv/fred-pool.

How can I do this.

Thanks.
  • edogd

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x resolved LUKS + KeyFile + AutoMount? [SOLVED].
    Thanks subzero79 for mentioning the drop bear method. I think it works perfectly.

For any one else that would like to unlock LUKS partitions remotely by ssh using dropbear at boot up here is what I did.
    * My setup is as such: OMV 5,…
  • edogd

I followed your instructions on the git page.
    When I went to add a device that was unlocked I go the following error in a GUI popup window:
    (Code, 12 lines)

Any ideas?

BTW if this works, do you think the early ssh method mentioned in the original like…
  • edogd

Have you been able to implement the instructions from

https://blog.iwakd.de/headless-luks-decryption-via-ssh

in omv 5?

In the decrypt.target file, I am having problems with the line:
    (Code, 2 lines)

The system does not seem to create a…
  • edogd

Gnarf How are you exactly manually mounting the unionfs from the dashboard menu after you have manually decrypted the disks?
  • I am having the same issue. Not sure what to do.