_curryking Beginner

• Member since Sep 26th 2020
  • Last Activity:
Profile Hits
  • _curryking

Hi kind stranger, and thanks for picking up my enquiry!

I did a little googlin' and found out that it is indeed software-specific whether you can get test results from USB drives or not (again, I'm a noob, but one with a steep learning curve...)

So one…
  • _curryking

Thread
    Hey there,
    I recently got my OMV5 running on an raspberry pi 4. I attached 2 seagat ironwolf 2TB (each) in an Icybox via USB3. Now to my problem(s):

1. I can activate S.M.A.R.T. info in the controls for both hdds. I confirm each change as it is asked from the
  • _curryking

Okay, the last one was a typo and my bad.

But more importantly, it seems to have been the point to actually use putty instead of a linux shell terminal.

It works, thank you very much for your time and patience!!! :)
  • _curryking

Thanks mate - that's what I did. If you check the 1st screenshot you can see that the installation crashes during something like "dhcpcd5" which seems to be manipulated on the raspberry os but fails.

Last ssh line in log is "client_loop:…
  • _curryking

Okay, I installed putty and tried again, but this time I don't get the install process to run in the first place - see the screenshot.
  • _curryking

yes, that is correct. It is the terminal the ssh runs in, an Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa.
  • _curryking

Thanks, but that's exactly the guide I used. I don't see where this explains my problem, sorry... :(

I mean I did what it told me but it didn't say: "if your install crashes with a warning about using ssh, you can try XYZ"
    Sorry but I…
  • _curryking

Thread
    Hi folks,

I tried to install OMV 5 upon my raspberry 4 a couple of times but it crashes all the time.

I prepared an micro sd card with this os: 2020-08-20-raspios-buster-armhf-lite

This works fine so I prepare ssh, do "apt-get update" and "apt-get upgrade…