lancing99 Beginner

• Member since Sep 29th 2020
  • Last Activity:
Profile Hits
  • lancing99

Replied to the thread OMV 5 Docker.

This is a volunteer project, though I do think with some extra work there definitely could be a case made for a commercial or partially commercial product here. The home NAS/Media server product line is becoming extremely popular with Plex,…
  • lancing99

No its fine, I get everyone has a different opinion on things.

Having the install via a point and click or drop down is definitely a really nice quality of life feature. The last time I was routinely using command line to install and manage…
  • lancing99

Its the core use case, at the end of the day this is for a large array NAS box. I don't mind a bit of initial setup but I don't want any headaches after that.

I am not setting up and managing all the apps/plug-ins with command line though. There…
  • lancing99

There is probably no hope then. At the end of the day I am looking for a low maintenance/headache easy to use NAS solution, not a managed Linux server box.

The issue with the FreeNAS jails was the permissions in most cases, there were work arounds for…
  • lancing99

Posted the thread OMV 5 Docker.
    Thread
    Hey there.

So I am a new OMV user coming over from FreeNAS which I've been using for about a month. After a lengthy chat on reddit I decided to give OMV a serious try. The main attraction for me was the getting away from the headaches associated with…