Lord Fuddle Beginner

• Member since Oct 2nd 2020
  • Last Activity:
Profile Hits
  • Lord Fuddle

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x resolved Are my thoughts the correct way to go.
    Thanks again macom I had messed up a permission. Steep learning curve but getting there. Plex not working complete with the files that I took from the old PC running windows, so didn't have to go through the whole sorting thing again. Next one for me to…
  • Lord Fuddle

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x resolved Are my thoughts the correct way to go.
    Thanks macom for your input. I have set it up as mentioned and I have set up Plex and it seems to be working which is great. I am having a problem though. I want to copy my metadata files from my old plex server to this new one, which I though would be…
  • Lord Fuddle

Reacted with Thanks to macom’s post in the thread OMV 5.x resolved Are my thoughts the correct way to go.
    Reaction (Post)
    Your plan sounds good to me.
    I would keep everything related to docker on the NVME. Of course it all depends on what you are going to put on that drive.. If you use for example plex and have many media the space might be not enough, but that depends also…
  • Lord Fuddle

Posted the thread OMV 5.x resolved Are my thoughts the correct way to go.
    Thread
    Hi all, I'm about to install OMV5 having just finished my build.

The storage I have is as follows

32gb Thumb drive

500gig NVME M.2

3 & 4tb wd red drives

3 & 4tb normal seagates.

I was thinking about installing onto the thumb drive, putting the dockers onto the…
  • Lord Fuddle

Reacted with Thanks to macom’s post in the thread OMV 5.x resolved Newb Raid Advice.
    Reaction (Post)
    Don't use raid.
    Read about mergerfs, unionfilesystem-plugin, rsync and rsnapshot.
  • Lord Fuddle

Posted the thread OMV 5.x resolved Newb Raid Advice.
    Thread
    Hi just about to build my NAS and after much research I have decided to go with OMV, it seems it will easily do what I need. I will be just using it as a plex server, handbrake and backing up my PC to. The drives I have right now are a 500gig M.2 for the…