minise7en Beginner

• Member since Oct 14th 2020
  • Last Activity:
Profile Hits
  • minise7en

I am used to making sure that software is always the most up to date version available, but I suppose it wouldn't matter if Docker was a few versions behind the latest so long as there are no critical flaws that need fixing. Using…
  • minise7en

Great....that seems like a good solution for anyone that has got a problem with the Docker repo

To clarify - if I add OMV_DISABLE_DOCKER="YES" to /etc/default/openmediavault will I then be able to manually update Docker using the 3…
  • minise7en

Ok, so it looks like I have a few options -

1 - Try to get Docker and / or Debian to fix the problem. This may or may not succeed!!
    2 - Unistall Docker via omv-extras. Use OMV_DISABLE_DOCKER="YES" to disable Docker intergration in omv-extras. Install…
  • minise7en

I already have Docker version 19.03.12 up and running perfectly via omv-extras from the original omv installation. It was also updating correctly until a couple of months ago.

Obviously this will not work now (for whatever reason) so if I…
  • minise7en

If it removes the docker repo from omvextras.list which repo does it download Docker from?

I don't want to go to 32bit Debian unless I really have to. The worst case senario is that I have to manually install or…
  • minise7en

I don't think VIA would have been my first choice either but I had a T510 sitting here doing nothing when I decided to try OMV

It is only used as a basic file server with a couple of docker containers. It has worked perfectly until now.

How do I file a bug…
  • minise7en

I assume the openmediavault_5.0.5-amd64.iso is 64bit only?

I'm not sure if i know what I am talking about but could it be something to do with the Docker repo apt-key?
  • minise7en

https://www.viatech.com/en/silicon/processors/eden-x2/
  • minise7en

I have installed OMV on a HP T510 thin client - https://www.parkytowers.me.uk/thin/hp/t510/

120gb SATA SSD for the OS and a 500gb SATA HDD for data
    4GB memory

It has been working perfectly until about 2 months ago when the updates started to fail…
  • minise7en

ok, thanks for your help in narrowing down the problem
    I understand that that there isn't a lot you can do about the Docker repo so I will join the Docker forum to see if they can help.

Is there anything you can suggest that I ask them?

When docker is…
  • minise7en

When a ran sudo apt-get install --reinstall libcurl3-gnutls apt

did it reinstall apt or libcurl3-gnutls or both? (sorry for my ignorance.....I still learning about Linux)
  • minise7en

I don't think stopping the docker repo from working is a long term solution.......at least I can update everything else for the first time in over 2 months!!

My knowledge of Linux is limited but now that we know the docker repo is causing problems with…
  • minise7en

I commented out this line in the omvextras.list file

deb [arch=amd64] https://download.docker.com/linux/debian buster stable

ran apt-get update and it worked correctly
  • minise7en

sudo apt-get install --reinstall libcurl3-gnutls apt

didn't fix the problem
  • minise7en

I ran omv-salt deploy run omvextras which recreated the omvextras.list file

apt-get update now fails with the same error (E: Method https has died unexpectedly)

It looks like we have found the problem
  • minise7en

I deleted the omvextras.list file, ran apt-get update and it worked correctly
    So it looks like it is something to do with the omv-extras repo

I will run omv-salt deploy run omvextras to see if the fault returns

I…
  • minise7en

Sorry to interrupt your thread but I have exactly the same problem with my OMV 5 updates.

I have been using OMV 5 sucessfully for nearly a year until about 2 months ago when the updates started to fail with the same error message as raulfg3

(E: Method