prashkd Beginner

• Member since Oct 16th 2020
  • Last Activity:
Profile Hits
  • prashkd

Replied to the thread Unable to create RAID 1.

I think I didn't provide sufficient information in my last post on the issue but there was a "Device" under File System with "missing" status and was causing the previous error. I found similar issue on this OMV form and managed to get…
  • prashkd

Its even harder to make sense when you are looking at the Marvell BIOS screen :-)
  • prashkd

Reacted with Like to geaves’s post in the thread Unable to create RAID 1.
    Reaction (Post)
    (Quote from prashkd)

I actually read that section twice and it still made no sense, the logic did but the how did not. :)
  • prashkd

Spoken too soon ! Although I was able to add HDD to RAID 0 config, when I went to File System to add a new folder It created the folder but when I click on "Mount", I get following error message:

Error #0:
    OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command…
  • prashkd

Reacted with Like to geaves’s post in the thread Unable to create RAID 1.
    Reaction (Post)
    (Quote from prashkd)

Yes, but that's all, you will not be able to create a Raid in OMV using mdadm, this appears to be a specific Raid Controller which means the card controls the Raid. In Storage -> Disks OMV can see them but you're getting a 'busy' in…
  • prashkd

Alright, after spending few hours with StarTech tech support I managed to get it working. Just for record, it was the stupid BIOS screen from Marvell. I had to add both HDD as "virtual disks" for the RAID card but instructions around it weren't clear. At…
  • prashkd

The RAID card is a StarTech 4 Port PCIe SATA III Controller which has Marvell 88SE9230 Controller. Not sure if this is relevant but there are some bug reports online on compatibility of this controller with Linux kernel and had to install its own BIOS /…
  • prashkd

Posted the thread Unable to create RAID 1.
    Thread
    Hello,

I've just started experimenting with OMV5 and am planning to build my own NAS. I am using an old Dell CPU with 1x 240GB WD SSD connected to onboard SATA port running OMV5 OS. I then installed a PCIe RAID controller and hooked up 2x old SATA HDD…