prashkd Beginner

• Member since Oct 16th 2020
  • Last Activity:
Reactions Received
Profile Hits
  • prashkd

Thread
    Hi all,

I am in the process of setting up my omv5 NAS where I have 4x HDDs in RAID 10 config as "datastorage" and a 250GB SSD as "activestorage" with the plan to store all important, large and somewhat less frequent files to be stored on HDDs and all the…
  • prashkd

Posted the thread setting up firewall with UfW.
    Thread
    I am trying to setup firewall on my OMV5 setup using ufw only because I have used it a few times in the past with no issues. having set the default incoming/outgoing to "deny" and allowing only port 80 for OMV web UI and 443 for SSH. However for some…
  • prashkd

Thanks Morlan. Sure I am doing a deep dive in brtfs file system to fully understand and feel like I should be able to setup it up the way I want to. I just wasn't sure how OMV will react to these manual changes. I think I can…
  • prashkd

Reaction (Post)
    (Quote from prashkd)

As far as I read there is a discussion about using BTRFS as the underlaying filesystem for the OMV install. I'm certain OMV will still support all regular linux filesystems for your datadisks. So from that perspective there is no…
  • prashkd

Replied to the thread Suggestions on NAS hardware.
    I managed to get my hands on an old Dell Optiplex 9010 with i5 processor and 16gb ram (non-ecc). With this hardware I can build a cheap nas with better performance then commercial ones for less then half the price. Regarding RPi, I've actually tested…
  • prashkd

Thread
    Hi,
    I am building a NAS using old dell optiplex 9010 (i5 with 16GB RAM), added a startech 4 port sata iii controller card and 4x 4TB WD RED HDD. I've managed to install OMV5 on usb which is working just fine. After some research I've decided to go with…