bgunn925 Beginner

• Member since Oct 27th 2020
  • Last Activity:
Profile Hits
  • bgunn925

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x resolved Confused about whether to use Rsync or USB Backup.

This is perfect, thank you!!
  • bgunn925

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x resolved Confused about whether to use Rsync or USB Backup.

That's good to know, thank you!
  • bgunn925

Ah, I didn't think nesting was possible because shared folders didn't populate as options in the drop-down list but now I'm realizing that I can bt manually editing the path, thanks!
  • bgunn925

Understood. I think I have it pretty much figured out except, is there a way to have Rsync target a subfolder of a share as the destination, rather than a share itself? I'd like to have a single "backup" share with a subfolder for each…
  • bgunn925

I suppose the filesystem doesn't matter as long as I can keep certain folders password protected and can browse the backed-up files on the external drive without having to disconnect it. Sorry, can you explain how SMB fits in to this?…
  • bgunn925

If I use ext4, can I still password protect data or will all of the data that's normally user-only be unprotected?
  • bgunn925

Posted the thread OMV 5.x resolved Confused about whether to use Rsync or USB Backup.
    Thread
    Hello,

I want to backup to a 14TB easystore that will always be connected via USB. I have installed the USB Backup plugin and have already used it to backup ~6TB of data. However, I'm thinking that I probably should have used Rsync, instead, but would…
  • bgunn925

Replied to the thread OMV 0.5 resolved Can't delete shared folder even though folder does not exist.

I had tried this initially and could not get it to work. I just tried again and the 'Delete' option appeared after refreshing the browser. Thank you!!
  • bgunn925

Thread
    I just installed OMV a couple of days ago and am very new. I am using OMV 5 with a ZFS array. Yesterday, I created a shared folder called 'plex' directly on my zpool and transferred ~6TB of data to it. Then, I realized that I should have made a 'plex'…