patmcgee1983 Beginner

• Member since Oct 30th 2020
Profile Hits
  • patmcgee1983

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x resolved RAID Missing After Removing VM Snapshots.
    Haha fair enough. Thankfully I have access to the data! That's the important thing. I'm no expert either, I just buy hardware and get software and make it work!

I think I'm going to buy an external HD, copy the data out, and run two OMV 5 VM's.

Thanks…
  • patmcgee1983

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x resolved RAID Missing After Removing VM Snapshots.
    After an OMV_firstaid clear web control panel cache I now get this on the web page:

Error #0:

OMV\Exception: Failed to read file '/var/cache/openmediavault/cache.omv\controlpanel\login_js.json' (size=0). in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/file.inc:207

• patmcgee1983

CTRL D gets the SMB share up and going, but the web interface does not let me log in - it just reloads the page when I hit login
  • patmcgee1983

Hmm, and then I restart it, and it refuses all connections...

No shares available and not able to connect to web interface.

Can't even SSH in. Console shows some errors. See pics for some of potential interest.

What to do now?
  • patmcgee1983

That did it!

Much appreciated!
  • patmcgee1983

Looks like you're right:
    (Code, 10 lines)

How do I make this active again?
  • patmcgee1983

Thread
    I originally had this question in the RAID section, but it probably belongs here more.

This is a bit messy, but I'll explain it as best I as I can.

I have OMV 4.1 on a VM in VSphere, with two RAID 1's, (2 x 4tb drives, and 2 x 1tb drives), and the drive…
  • patmcgee1983

It looks like the problem lies more with the fact I can't mount the Raid drives for some reason...

Any idea why this would happen and how to fix it?
  • patmcgee1983

Posted the thread OMV 4.x resolved RAID Missing After Removing VM Snapshots.
    Thread
    Hi,

I am running OMV as a VM in an ESX Host.

I have two raid 1's, and the OS is on its own drive.

It looks like one of the RAID's ran out of room, and the VM wouldn't start, so I cleared the snapshots in VSphere, and now OMV starts, but one of the RAIDs,…