madyar3 Beginner

• Member since Nov 14th 2020
  • Last Activity:
Profile Hits
  • madyar3

Replied to the thread OMV SMB Users problem.
    I did it like this: 1. Created a Samba user group (smbgroup)
    2. Created the user smbuser and included it in this group
    did it through KUser,
    3. use system-config-samba to add this user to the Samba user group
    4. corrected smb. conf. Also, try entering the…
  • madyar3

Replied to the thread MIssing RAID.
    There are automatic tools for searching for configuration and restoring RAID. If you set the array level in it, it will try to find the initial sequence of disks, the block size, and assume an algorithm for writing information to disks.
  • madyar3

There are several possible reasons for speed and data transfer problems, such as outdated hardware or changes to one node or several network segments. You can try disabling all unnecessary features, auto-upload, torrent, etc.
  • madyar3

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Replace failing 120Gb OS HDD questions.
    You can back up only part of the disk's operating system using a special program called AOMEI Backupper (for example). It creates a backup copy of the OS, disk, and individual user data.
  • madyar3

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x Memory usage.
    You can improve the performance of RAM by increasing the voltage using the "Voltage Setting" parameter, safely 1.2-1.35 V, maximum-1.6 V. you should be very careful there is a risk of burning RAM.
  • madyar3

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Replace failing 120Gb OS HDD questions.
    I cannot say that this topic is a problem. When everything was done, I quickly restored the contents in the RAID system.
    I think the hard drive installation process will take a long time.
  • madyar3

Replied to the thread ITALIANI QUI ?.
    It is cool that everybody now can understand Italian. I mean the usage of Google Translate. However, the default language for the majority of the programs and soft/HD manuals is English. It would be better if English is used here. Thank you.
  • madyar3

The choice of the motherboard must depend on the hardware of the computer. For example, an LGA socket is suitable for an Intel processor, and an AM model for AMD processors. In addition, it is impossible to advise purchasing any kind of motherboard,…
  • madyar3

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x Unable to set IPv6.
    In the event that your provider uses the IPv6 protocol, you may need to set the parameters manually. Although, in most cases, addresses are assigned automatically. The provider has a DHCP server that distributes unique addresses to subscribers. And if…
  • madyar3

Replied to the thread Is OMV right for me?.
    It will work as I understand. You can also check the compatibility when getting OMV. However, find the OMV hardware requirements on the net. You can also call the master to explain it to you. He might do it even by phone.