chclark Intermediate

• Member since Aug 20th 2012
  • Last Activity:
Reactions Received
Profile Hits
  • chclark

Replied to the thread OMV 6.x (alpha) OMV 6 Release.

if it was true I'm assuming there's no way to convert an existing ext4 raid to a new format without loosing the data.
  • chclark

Cheers will have a look and give it a try.
  • chclark

Reaction (Post)
    (Quote from chclark)

yes, do this:
    (Quote from chclark)

In the thread I linked ryecoaaron gives the command to edit a systemd service file by creating an override file. And the first post proposes a modification for the delayed start of docker.
    So I though…
  • chclark

This direct to my post?
  • chclark

is the official fix. As my disks are internal to the Dell server I run connected to the backplane of the T430 but the server just starts faster then what the filesystem does I thought I saw one of the other mods mention a system config…
  • chclark

I have the same issue, due to the file system taking longer to mount then docker starting on startup. I'm trying to find the correct way to delay the docker startup to give the filesystem chance to load first.
  • chclark

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Install kernel 5.6 on OMV4 - Will this work?.

Are these services not running in docker if so just backup the config folders for relinking for when you reinstall to omv 5
  • chclark

Replied to the thread resolved OMV 5.x nfs causes server to reboot after upgrade.

Guess I'll have to switch my pis back to NFS then lol
  • chclark

Reacted with Like to zevleu’s post in the thread resolved OMV 5.x nfs causes server to reboot after upgrade.
    Reaction (Post)
    I confirm also on my side, no more erratic reboot with the latest kernel (5.7).
    I guess we can now close this thread, as this is hopefully fixed :)
  • chclark

Are you running the latest kernal I've had an issue with NFS with kernal 5.6.0.0 as have some others but apprently 5.7.0.0 fixes it the other option was downgrading can do this with the omvextras
  • chclark

Your still using omv 1? Wow I've used omv from way back then but I'd maybe recommend updating to omv5 now
  • chclark

Reacted with Like to ggr’s post in the thread resolved OMV 5.x nfs causes server to reboot after upgrade.
    Reaction (Post)
    (Quote from zevleu)

I was having the same issue. Connecting to NFS shares on OMV caused the OMV NAS to reboot after a time.
    Changing the kernel from 5.6.0.0 to 5.5.0.0 fixed it for me too.:)
  • chclark

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x Watchdog restarting server..

the issue appears to be with NFS switched all my devices to use SMB and the issues have now stopped. someone linked another thread with similar issues where it appears the kernel is the issue and downgrading resolves the issue but…
  • chclark

Replied to the thread resolved OMV 5.x nfs causes server to reboot after upgrade.

no as i switched everything over to SMB and the time it took to rescan the DBs on the pis is making me hold off switching again.
  • chclark

Have you attempted what that other thread states about changing the kernal to the older version and seeing if you can then use NFS?
  • chclark

Well been about a week now and no restarts so guess turning off NFS has cured it for me.
  • chclark

Thread
    Hi

Im not sure if a drive in my raid is failing or if its another fault. i have received two emails one last Monday one last night saying

The following warning/error was logged by the smartd daemon:

Device: