subzero79 Moderator

• Male
  • from Queensland, Australia
  • Member since Jun 8th 2014
  • Last Activity:
Reactions Received
Profile Hits
  • subzero79

Replied to the thread Can't use MY LVM-DATA volume.
    The volume Needs to be registered in the db backend. I can see The 280gb volume already mounted. So unmount The disk in terminal, also remove the volume
    line in /etc/fstab and proceed to mount the volume via the web ui. After that you’ll be able to…
  • subzero79

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x resolved Wrong RAID Management Info.
    Very confusing post. Raid section doesn’t have used column. Shows the size of the array. Now then you go to a folder in Windows’s that says some other size.

Mixing a block device, with a folder. Take a screenshot maybe show what the problem is.
  • subzero79

When people report that kind of failure is usually a bad network card causing an overflow of retries. Have a spare card to try?

If IP is static change it to DHCP, just to discard any conflicts. Like for example assigning the router ip address to the…
  • subzero79

Guid? I think you mean uuid. That number is assigned when the Fs is registered in the db. Which means when added and mounted. After that will remain the same number unless you remove the fs, which means taking the entry out of the db, which means…
  • subzero79

If is the only kernel installed it could go unbootable if you remove it.
  • subzero79

I don't know why is trying to remove the kernel, is that current running one? otherwise if not then it doesn't matter

the loaded/running one shows with

uname -r
  • subzero79

Is it important for you? i mean are you using a wireless card?
  • subzero79

Yes, but the iso omv installer doesn't give that many options. So use debian you can choose how to layout the partitioning in the system.
    You can use LVM and leave a free empty logical volume for the remaining space and encrypt that…