jrowe88 Beginner

• Member since Jan 20th 2015
  • Last Activity:
Reactions Received
Profile Hits
  • jrowe88

Thread
    I'd like to make some custom configuration after OMV does it's work. The documentation states: "If you want to deploy custom configuration settings, then you could add additional Salt states."

So, can interpret that to mean I can just add a "state" into
  • jrowe88

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x Two NIC but only one is enabled.
    I ran into this same issue. Here's basically what I did:
    1) use omv-firstaid to set a static IP to one NIC that is plugged in and working. Use a temporary IP--i.e., not the one you plan you having for your bonded NIC.
    2) use that IP to log onto the OMV…
  • jrowe88

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x Access OMV via second NIC.
    seanmccabe - are you using OMV web to configure your 2nd NIC? I can confirm that I am doing exactly what you describe -- I have a bonded set of NICs on one IP address and a wireless NIC on another. I can access OMV web using either IP.
  • jrowe88

Replied to the thread OMC Lan direct PC.

My understanding is that this is outdated. Modern NICs can are smart enough to not need a crossover cable. I've done it between 2 PCs with a regular patch cable.
  • Yes, it is possible via routing. On OMV you'd set up your network with a route that sends all traffic destined to your PC's 10Gbs NIC IP via the OMV 10Gbps interface. On your PC, you would set the gateway for the 10Gbps NIC to be the IP of the OMV…