donh Moderator

• Member since Nov 3rd 2012
  • Last Activity:
Reactions Received
Profile Hits
  • donh

Reaction (Post)
    Looks like adding it to the fstab helped solve my issue if anyone else is having the same problem. I added by UUID and mounted to the existing location
  • donh

The way I work with drives is have them in proxmox and then make virtual hard drives for what is needed. They can be made larger easily as needed and you can use snapshots and other features of proxmox.

Your milage may very.
  • donh

Reaction (Post)
    Just a warning. Since the proxmox kernel already has the zfs module, dkms doesn't have to do anything. So, no worries.
  • donh

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x openmediavault-letsencrypt.
    Letsencrypt provides a certificate to verify you are connecting too the correct server with no man in the middle. It wont keep anyone else out.

I have not used wireguard yet. But from reading about it, it looks like the way to go now for a few reasons.…
  • donh

Depending on what type of authentication plex uses it could be attacked by hackers. I would use wireguard if I was doing that.
  • donh

No! Letsencrypt gives you a signed certificate. To connect safely to your OMV from remote you should use a "virtual private network" (vpn). I would be looking at wireguard. Not sure if there is a plugin for that yet.
  • donh

Replied to the thread Proxmox backup server.
    You might want to add this before apt update to get the key.
    (Code, 1 line)

• donh

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x LDAP plugin bind to OpenLDAP.
    There are a few threads about LDAP on here. Also look for "Active Directory" (AD). Depending on what server you are trying to connect to. There is a new plugin being worked on.
    RE: Updated Plugin Active Directory / LDAP - OMV 5.x

If you are trying to…
  • donh

Was not able to connect to my server 2012 ad.
  • donh

Thanks for working on this. I have wanted to do this for years just never had time to learn the programing needed.
    Will setup a vm and test against a server 2012 ad. I found it is better to use sssd for windows server.
    Active Directory / LDAP Revisited
  • donh

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x resolved WD Red 4TB only shows as 2TB disks?.
    You can get a newer controller and adapter cables. The expensive triplite ones worked were some of the cheap ones didn't. You will still only get 3MB/s but the full size. At least that worked on my old dell 2950.