shazster Beginner

• Member since Dec 10th 2015
  • Last Activity:
Reactions Received
Profile Hits
  • shazster

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x OMV 5...Portainer...And Emby.

I'm spending my evening re-reading the install pdf on OMV5 before doing anything else. But keep it coming....
  • shazster

Reacted with Like to KM0201’s post in the thread OMV 5.x OMV 5...Portainer...And Emby.
    Reaction (Post)
    (Quote from shazster)

Some people create a specific user... i use my actual user... "ken"... who basically is my main user on the server... and just add him to the docker and SSH group as previously mentioned... I see no real need to create a user just…
  • shazster

OK, gotcha. I should keep it simple.
  • shazster

Call that user something generic...ie Dockeradmin or Dockeruser I assume?
  • shazster

Reacted with Like to gderf’s post in the thread OMV 5.x OMV 5...Portainer...And Emby.
    Reaction (Post)
    Create a new user. Run your containers as that user. Add that user to the docker group.

Learn how to use docker run and docker create commands in the shell.

Make sure the permissions on any host volumes you use are such that the user that is running the…
  • shazster

Reacted with Like to KM0201’s post in the thread OMV 5.x OMV 5...Portainer...And Emby.
    Reaction (Post)
    (Quote from shazster)

OK.... I'll be working tomorrow night... so I'll try to be as clear as possible.

After you reinstall run all updates (which doesn't sound like its necessary, but whatever toots your horn), etc, reinstall docker (if you're using a…
  • shazster

OK. I've been banging away this all day, and I'm in need of food and beer.
    I am re-installing OMV5 from scratch, wiping drives, clean slate. I have no data on them so I lose nothing but install time. If you have any pointers that differ from the standard…
  • shazster

root@openmediavault:~# id admin
    uid=998(admin) gid=100(users) groups=100(users),995(openmediavault-admin)

That make sense? I thought it was weird too.
    I also might like TD & DB Techs videos, but I also think they're little sketchy…
  • shazster

Yup. All following TDL, images are gone, but can't nuke my config folder. I'll try to delete it via OMV gui...

Here was my stack info if that helps point out where I went wrong. (P&UID info is as returned when I checked logging as…
  • shazster

Clearly. What that is I'm not sure...followed TDL's youtube videos as usual.
  • shazster

containers & images gone. Can't delete my Config folder or its contents (Permission denied)
  • shazster

I've tried both emby official and the linuxserver.io images.
    I've been to this rodeo before, last time I "upgraded" to OMV5. Same issues: spin up, go to webpage, get met with "forbidden". Reinstalled OMV4 and used the docker plugin. A…
  • shazster

There's that too. Also I want to stick with services that I assume to have more resources for setting up (youtube walkthroughs, etc.)
  • shazster

Emby container log if thats of any help. Any other logs I should post?

Info App: Loading MediaBrowser.Model, Version=4.5.0.50, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null,
    Info App: Loading MediaBrowser.Common, Version=4.5.0.50, Culture=neutral,…
  • shazster

The media server choice is not the problem. It's the install method. Whatever I can't get past in Emby will be just as frustrating spinning up Jellyfin, or Plex.
  • shazster

I hear you. I have yet to succesfully get a single container running using Portainer on OMV5. The most frustrating experience I've had yet with Openmediavault. I think it's back to OMV4 for me.
  • shazster

Posted the thread OMV 5.x OMV 5...Portainer...And Emby.
    Thread
    Is there a decent howto or walkthrough to get Emby set up on OMV5 via Portainer that DOES NOT result in me staring at a webpage that says "Forbidden" or should I just dump OMV5 for OMV4 and go back to what actually works? This is my 2nd go at an OMV5…