KM0201 Moderator

• Male
  • from Indianapolis, IN (USA)
  • Member since Jul 3rd 2012
Reactions Received
Profile Hits
  • KM0201

Regarding software...

Nothing here really stands out as incredibly difficult, as long as you're willing to put the work in to learn it. Zoneminder has several popular docker containers. Cloud backup, not sure if you mean you would…
  • KM0201

If you really want it installed rather than via docker (and I can't imagine why you would)... why not just install Nextcloud via snap? There's plenty of Debian tutorials out there for this.
  • KM0201

Reaction (Post)
    (Quote from hemertje)

That is not correct. The docker applications take only the resources they need. Not like a VM, where you need to pre define the resources.
    memory and power consumption might be a little higher ( not sure really), but sbc’s like…
  • KM0201

Replied to the thread resolved OMV 5.x Web UI issues.
    OK, so docker is running.... what is your question?
  • KM0201

What is the output of systemctl status docker
  • KM0201

• KM0201

I'm not following you

Start docker, and it should rebuild your folder structure.

Then reinstall Portainer

Reinstall your containers. I was pretty clear you were going to have to rebuild them when I posted that earlier. Just make sure…
  • KM0201

As I said, you'll end up redoing your containers if you do that. Your containers were apparently not on your storage drive as you thought they were.
  • KM0201

A complete rebuild is likely unnecessary, but you may be rebuilding your containers. I guess it just depends on the amount of effort you want to put into this. If it were me (and it was at one time)... I'd stop docker, delete the…
  • KM0201

If you Google that error, there is a discussion had about the problems that container is having with PIA. PIA changed their setup and it broke all the vpn docker containers. I got it working with the help of that thread.

Gimme a bit to get home and I'll…
  • KM0201

Replied to the thread Login loop without sda being full.

Firefox is fine. This strongly suggests a cache issue of some sort, IMO. If you open Firefox in Privacy Mode, can you log into the webUI? If so, in a regular tab Go to the OMV sign in screen, Hold Control and Click F5 (or your…
  • I would install everything in docker.
    No issues with dependencies.
    Little risk to break the system.
    You can assign easily what ever port you want.
    You can even assign different IP address (macvlan).
    Easy to restart from scratch if you use docker-compose files…
  • KM0201

Reaction (Post)
    (Quote from kudos)

Sounds like the shared folder is not pointing to the correct (existing) folder on the drive.
    Instead you might have created a new folder on the drive. You can check for spelling errors. Be aware that folder names are case sensitive.

BTW:…
  • KM0201

Replied to the thread Is OMV right for me?.
    Damn, you're still trying to figure this out? This just doesn't seem like an incredibly difficult thing to accomplish to me.

If it were me....

You say you have 6, 8tb NTFS drives that have 13tb of data.

I'd take two of the 8tb drives, make sure all data is…
  • KM0201

Replied to the thread ROCK 64 + OMV.

Plugin is no longer supported on omv 5. Use docker and any of the torrent containers available
  • Login to the webui as admin, not root or as a user
  • KM0201

Replied to the thread Script for Nextcloud.
    According to the title, the script requires Debian 10 or Ubuntu 20.04, so the answer is no. It *might* work on Debian 9 (what OMV 4 is based on)... but you'd be on your own there.

Why not just use docker?
  • If you have a Linux client (is, Mint 20). you don't need putty or any other SSH client.. just open a terminal and ssh username@serverip

You'll be promoted for your password for whatever user you used, then hit enter and it will connect via ssh.

Not sure I…
  • KM0201

Reaction (Post)
    Ha! OK so I'm hearing "Scott you're over-complicating things". Fair enough.
    Thanks.
  • KM0201

Reaction (Post)
    I think that is already the automatic quick and dirty method if something went wrong. If your permissions are set properly and share is mounted correctly, that should not happen.