Stand-by and HDD spindown modus...

• Hi people,

I´m configuring my nas-system to go sleep modus automatically after a period of time. So, if the HDD´s aren´t receiving some traffic, they should go in "eco"modus(spindown). The settings are, APM = 127; AAM = disabled; Spindowntime = 10 min

One of the problems is that my HDD-1 is going in sleepmodus very early, I don´t know why... if I write hdparm -C /dev/sdb then it show me that the disk is in standby modus...
    The HDD-2 doesn´t go to sleep, even after 10min.

So, I was curious and try to make it in stand-by modus manually, so hdparm -Y /dev/sdc and this happend:

Code
    root@HomeServer:~# hdparm -Y /dev/sdc

/dev/sdc:
     issuing sleep command

Code
    root@HomeServer:~# hdparm -C /dev/sdc

/dev/sdc:
    [4196.248106] ata5.00: exception Emask 0x0 SAct 0x0 SErr 0x0 action 0x6
    [4196.248106] ata5.00: waking up from sleep
    [4196.248106] ata5: softreset failed (device not ready)
    drive state is: standby

Is that normal? There´s a way to make the spinindown modus works, without make something wrong? At the beginning I was thinking that the physical disk properties was enough for that purpouse..

In internet I found some manuals, like http://blog.is-a-geek.org/fest…desktopserver-mit-hd-idle just I wondering if there is a better way to make it without installing some other repo´s, because I´m not a linux-guy.. if you know what I mean...

Thanks in advance.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!