[RESOLVED] OMV on SSD unsuccesfull ?

• Hello All,

I tried to install OMV on SSD (Kingston V+200 with last firmware available) but Unsuccessfully.

In fact the installation stop and crash at the step of "partitioning & format" (same result on OMV 0.3 and 0.4)
    Install from external CD ROM.

I have only one disk SSD (Kingston) on my server (HP Prolian N40L).
    On the BIOS i configured the disk with AHCI.

At all PRO, can you help me or provide the reason why.

Thanks a lot for your help.

• Do you have AHCI turned on for the SSD? Usually an issue can occur when your optical drive cannot be in AHCI. Most boards have at least 2 controllers. You may have to set one to IDE for the optical device and the other to AHCI for the SSD. You have to figure out your sata ports and to which controller they belong. The 1st couple sata ports are usually controlled by the northbridge chipset and the rest by the southbridge chipset. Look at your manual. It may help. After you get OMV properly installed on the system drive you can ditch the optical drive and put both controllers to AHCI, and move your system drive to the first sata port (usually SATA 0 or SATA 1 in your manual). The IDE/AHCI/RAID controllers are built into the chipsets.

e.g. you may have to put optical device on sata 0 and set nothbridge sata controller to IDE. then put ssd on sata 3 and have southbridge sata controller set to AHCI for installation.

PS- if you give me the name/model or your optical drive and motherboard i can probably help you further. are you using any older ide hard drives?

• I actually don't have an optical drive at all.

I'm using a Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 AM3+ AMD 760G + SB710 MB and have a 16GB DOM plugged into the IDE port as my main drive.

I've used a couple different flash drives created a variety of ways.

• Start a new topic. Your issues do not coincide with this topic. It seems you are having issues setting up your usb stick. If you connect an optical it would be much easier to install with an iso.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!