My Asrock q1900m NAS

• Hello, Every,

This is my first post in this forum. I build my first OMV NAS box over last weekend.

I used Asrock Q1900M mobo, IOcrest 8 port sata card, 8gb of ddr3 and 8 seagate 2tb drive. The case is define mini from Fractal Design.

Before I settle down on OMV, I also tried FreeNAS too. But the lack of back up option in FreeNAS and ZFS plugin for OMV pushed me over.

I used to use a Thecus N5550 NAS box but I ran out of the space on that 5 bay box. So I build a Xpnology Box use an old computer. It works very well but the APU is too powerful for the job. So i build the OMV NAS. The J1900 CPU has 10w TDP and it never reached 100% during the file copy and zpool scrubing.

Now I am running a zpool with 2 vdev (3 and 5 disks each), calmav, samba and nut.

Thanks for this fantastic software and the helpful people in the community.

Also I tried the OMV on my old Thecus N5550 box (Atom D2550 CPU and 4g of ram). all the software installs no problem. I will try to put some disk in it and build a zpool over there. Just for fun.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!