synchronize the external drive connected to the router's USB port to the NAS

• But this is not consistent, because the folder AndreCrispim have all content of external disk
    I go creat another folder to share external disc and try rsync

The problem in today's world is that the intelligent are full of doubt and some idiots are full of certainties. The intelligent are called undecided the idiots are called experts

• If there was anything in the AndreCrispim folder you should not be mounting the USB Drive with the remote share there. You need to create another shared folder and adjust settings in the Remote Share settings for the new shared folder.

The contents of the USB drive will not be on your OMV. They just look like they are there because they are mounted. Anything you write to the shared folder that the USB drive is mounted to will go to the USB drive connected to your router.

• OK
    I did the following:
    1 - I created a new folder in OMV call SmbSharing
    2 - I shared ALL OMV Disk

Synchronization (rsync):

3 - Remote gives error;
    4 - In "local" is working Right now it is running.Then I say the result

You are actually the GREATEST!
    I'll buy you a dinner (with the best food in the world witch is the Portuguese) in Barreiro whenever you want

The problem in today's world is that the intelligent are full of doubt and some idiots are full of certainties. The intelligent are called undecided the idiots are called experts

• He's still sync. Many GB, it will take a few hours.
    I then put the result.

I already understood the "philosophy" of operation.
    I will add on my website a tutorial and then also do a summary in this post for those who need

thanks for your great patience, persistence and availability.
    José Crispim

• Hi tekkb
    Excuse the length of this post.

Sync worked beautifully but I have to reorganize one of my Disks (I have two with no raid - ext4).
    As I had not shared the root of disk, it duplicated folders, (put the files/folders in the folder I created for sharing samba). But it isn't one problem of the OMV but my (the problem is between the keyboard and the chair - eheheh).

To contextualizate I use the NAS to:
    1 - To access of my files when I'm abroad (usually by FPT/TLS);
    2 - For a friend of mine (he is in the Azores) to make security of him files (the 2nd disk is dedicated to him);
    3 - To back up (sync) from my external drive (may seem strange, but it's where my wife keeps her job - she's math teacher);
    4 - I do not use the other features because I don't need them. I could use the VPN but my rooter do it.

How do I want a installation od OMV as clean as possible, and at this point I can still do it, I wanted to do one more test of a "crazy idea" that I have. Then I will make a clean installation of OMV.

1st Question - As I mentioned, there is a user who has a dedicated disk and will access the outside.
    Can he sync it? And how?

2nd question - I interrupted the sync because it would duplicate the folders / files and the disk would be full.
    After finishing the synchronization it will continue to synchronize (ie, each new folder / file on the source disk will "mirror" on the destination disk? "?

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von jjrcrispim ()

• The best advice I can give to keep your production system clean is to use virtualbox and do all your testing/trials on a virtual machine. That is what Aaron and I do all the time. I maybe only have like 5 virtual machines right now but the the OMV virtual machine gets used way more than my real OMV.

I think Syncthing would be best if he has a folder he wants to back up from his system to the drive on your OMV. I have not used this yet but I think it is similar to BTSync. If BTSync is upgraded that would be nice too. Owncloud wastes to much time and it is buggy.

• My Friends
    My conclusion is: Rsync is truly SPECTACULAR!

At this time I already tested and configured everything according to what I need
    1 - With the great help of tekkb we get by "work this out";
    2 - The initial synchronization is relatively fast (1TB took about eight hours for a lot of files of different formats in which the system is to transport packets on the network from an external drive connected to the port usb3 the router. it seems to me that we can not ask for more).
    3 - We have to configure the length of time which it is intended for automatic synchronization;
    4 -I have defined for 8 minutes and put a test document in origin. After 8 minutes, the document was placed in the right place at the destination.
    5 - I changed the document in the source. 8 minutes after the document was changed at the destination;
    6 - Conclusion: in the rsync configuration, which consists minute, day, hour, day is not intended to decide which is for example, AFTER 8 minutes but EVERY 8 minutes (sorry my bad English) - see the image
    7 - As I have mentioned, I will make a summary that I will place in a post for those who need it. It will not be today or tomorrow, but I have not forgotten and when I say I do it.

Best regards

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!