Cron issue with @reboot and Spideroak

• Hi everyone,

I have my N40L up and running with OMV and have sorted all of my X11 and SSH issues. However, now another one has popped up. I use Spideroak to backup all of my data and I want it to run on the NAS. I have installed it and completed the initial setup through the GUI which I can now run through X11. Everything I want backed up is selected and happily working away.

However, I want Spideroak to start at boot, to ensure it is always working. This is where I have run into difficulty. I have tried entering a cron job for it, however it refuses to run using @reboot. It will let me simply start Spideroak by removing the @reboot and running the cron job, but this is not really much use as it will not start the service when the server reboots.

My cron job is as follows:

Code
    @reboot /sbin/start-stop-daemon -b -x /usr/bin/SpiderOak -S -- --headless

which I snagged from here http://askubuntu.com/questions…ally-on-a-headless-server.

I'm not sure what the -S suffix does to SpiderOak, as they actually don't list this anywhere in their documentation as an available option, and not sure why there is a -- without an option either. Neither interferes with SpiderOak if I manually start it with those included.

I am running the cron job using my admin account which I have setup for me to login under rather than root. This is the same account which I have linked to my SpiderOak install when I registered my device and the encryption keys. I am using bash as the shell for this account.

The error I get everytime I run this cron job is:

Code
    sh: @reboot: not found

Rebooting the server does not result in SpiderOak starting up, with no process shown. As explained initially, removing @reboot and using the WebGUI to manually run the cron job will start SpiderOak, so it would seem that everything after the @reboot part is correct and it is happy running under my admin account login, as SpiderOak is correctly running with the manual start.

I'm very new to cron, but looking around online it seems that lots of others using Debian and Ubuntu use the @reboot command successfully but this seems to be the only part preventing me from making this work. Can anyone please advise what I am doing incorrectly? Thank you.

• Zitat von "tekkbebe"

Externer Inhalt gist.github.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

This is for me to look at later.

Oh, I hadn't seen this, thank you. I actually have successfully added my server as a new device using both command line and the GUI over an X11 forwarding. Both worked correctly and were able to backup data as expected. However, I did a reinstall of the server after first having setup using the command line, then set it back up again but this time used the GUI.

If you can give me any advice on the matter, I would really appreciate it, however I'm not sure if this will fix the cron job, as I have tried adding other services to start using the @reboot, simple things like xclock, and I have exactly the same result as with SpiderOak. Remove the @reboot from the line and run the cron job manually and each service tried starts up immediately and correctly. Leave @reboot in and the service does not start at boot and running the job manually results in the error I posed.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!