Local DNS / DHCP plugin not giving a network to lease

• Hi,

Trying to use the Local DNS/DHCP plugin to configure the OMV to be a DHCP server.

I enabled the plugin, and put in a domain name. I then tried to enable the DHCP settings and went to chose a network to lease, but I cannot chose or type in any network?

Edit: I am running a bonded ethernet set up as bond0 linking four ehternet carsd together. Does that make a difference? Is a script failing to pick up the network from bond0 because it's only searching for ethX type networks?

How do I go about fixing this, so that I can have DHCP server running?

Thanks in advance,

T

Running OMV 0.4.18 on amd64
    Linux triumph 2.6.32-5-amd64 #1 SMP Sun Sep 23 10:07:46 UTC 2012 x86_64 GNU/Linux

• As I suspected last night after thinking about this, it's to do with the bond interface. I delteted the bond using the web interface, then at the command line reset one ethernet port active. After logging back into the web interface, I was then able to configure the dchp server. Then I configured the bond interface (mode 6) and rebooted to get the web interface back. Now i have DHCP server and bond0 interface.

How do I report a bug and get the dhcp part responding correctly to the query from the scripts to allocate the correct Lease Network value?

YellowShed

• So I logged a bug with the OMV bugtracker as suggested, and it was immediately marked as resolved because the plugin is not part of the base install.

However, there is a related problem, in that the bond0 interface can't be modified. The only thing you can do is delete it, which then of course means you lose contact with the OMV installation. I have to then configure one of the ethernet ports locally from the command line so that I can reconfigure from the web interface again. Once there, I was able to get the plugin to correctly give me a lease on the right network based on the one working eth interface. Then I could reconfigure the bond0 interface and it all works as it should. Do you guys think it is a bug not to be able to reconfigure (and change the bonded slaves) the bonded interface?

T

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!