Mounting a RAID that is degraded on new system

• OK, Not sure if I am missing it here, but I have tried looking.

Situation:

Upgraded to newer hardware. Old hardware was an Intel S3220ASH-LC board with 6 Sata ports, 4GB RAM, dual cour processor. I had 2 1Tb drive in a RAID 1, and 1 2TB drive standalone. Prior to the upgrade, one of the members of the RAID array had failed.

New machine is a PE2900, with 8 hotswap drive bays. I have one 2Tb drive attached to internal SATA, and 4 750G drives in a RAID 5 on the hotswap bays, one 2Tb drive in the hotswap bays, my old 2Tb drive, and the single, working, 1TB drive from the old system/

I can see all drives just fine. The 1TB drive is seen as md125 in the RAID Management. I know the next step is to mount as a file system, then as a shared folder so I can then Rsync that data somewhere else before this drive fails, too.

When I go to RAID Management, it does not have anything in the Name column. The 4x750G Raid 5 is listed as pv600:Raid1. I'm wondering if this isn't where I need to start. When I go to File systems, the 1Tb mirror is not listed. If click Create, it is listed in the dropdown box, but then it wants to format it, which would delete all my data.

I'm really lost here, I know it's probably something simple, and I'm not afraid of the command line, so if I need to do something there, guide me in the right direction, please. This is 20 years of photos, scanned documents, etc that I cannot afford to lose, which is why I want to get them off of here. Yes, I should have had backups, and I did, but then that drive got fried in an electrical surge. I will be purchasing a BluRay drive before long so I can do proper offsite backups.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!