User homes not shown via Samba

• Hi, eveyone!

Just started playing with OMV on a Raspberry Pi, that will be used as a home NAS.
    What I want to be able to access via SMB are:
    - shared folder(s); one or more folders that can be accessed by anyone, maybe without login
    - user homes; folder that can be accessed only by the owner.

At the moment I've created:
    - a shared folder
    - 2 users with relative homes
    The shared folder is shared as Public via SMB/CIFS, and can be seen on WIndows/Linux file manager and accessed r/w without login. Everything as expected.
    Regarding the homes, I've enabled the user homes on User settings; the foldes exists on the drive (checked via ssh). I have a USB drive with a "homes" folder, that contains the homes. On SMB/CIFS settings I've enabled "Enable user home directories" (with "browsable" check, too). But I can't see the home directories via file system.
    I can share the "homes" directories, where I can see the homes, but that's not really what I wanted.
    Summarizing, I'd like to access the server via file manager and see:
    - shared folder(s)
    - user1
    - user2
    Then user1 can only open shared folder(s) and user1 folder via login; same, user2 can only open shared folder(s) and user2 folder via login.

I (almost) know how to tweak smb.conf to have this behavior, but I prefer to do all settings via web interface.

Any hints?
    Thanks!
    MIX

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!