Time Machine: Identity of the backup disk has changed.

• Got my OMV set up for time machine and I keep getting this error when I try to back up my external drive overnight:

Zitat

The identity of the backup disk "openmediavault - AFP" has changed since the previous backup.

If I tell it to "Use This Disk", then it will work for a while and eventually the backup will fail:

If I log into the web interface, the drive is unmounted. I usually cannot mount it via the web interface, so I have to either reboot OMV or SSH in as root and run "mount /dev/sdc1". Sometimes one or the other won't successfully mount the drive, but usually at least one of them will work. Once I remount the drive, I can usually backup, but sometimes it has to start that backup set all over again. This means that it'll back up around 100 GB of my external drive, fail, and the next day when I get it working again, it tries backing up the whole 200GB all over again. Available drive space has been shrinking too, so I think it might even be leaving fractured and unaccessible data behind.

Here's the details of my setup. I took an old Chromebook and stripped Chrome OS off of it entirely, rendering it like any other off the shelf laptop. Installed OMV on it and removed the display, making it headless. I'm using a USB thumb drive as my boot device and have a 2TB WD Blue drive plugged in via a USB 2 enclosure. The Chromebook is connected to the router via Ethernet. The drive is partitioned ext4 and Apple Filing is set for the drive. I have a MacBook Pro and my wife's MacBook Air set up to back up to it via Time Machine.

I don't have any scheduled tasks on OMV or my router, so it shouldn't be rebooting or anything during the night. The power light is still on on the external after failure, so I don't think it's a power issue either. Not sure what else to check. Is it possible my drive or enclosure are failing? I've already managed to back up mine and my wife's computers, so I'd be surprised if that were the case, although I was having similar issues when trying to back up my machine for the first time. I'm not sure what else to check. Any help will be appreciated!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!