LVM suddenly stopped working on 1 drive - data lost??

• Hi guys,

I really need some help here.
    I got the exact same issue, as this guy here: https://forum.openmediavault.o…torage-problem-DATA-Lost/

While listening to music from the drive, it just stopped, and started to skip songs.
    I can't connect to the SMB drive, so I took a look on the gui, and saw, that it was unmonted.
    When I press the mount button, it shows this error:

Code
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; mount -v --source '/dev/dm-0' 2>&1' with exit code '32': mount: /dev/mapper/VG_Musik_Billeder-Musik_Billeder: can't read superblock

I've tried the mount -a command, but that just gives me the output:

mount: /dev/mapper/VG_Musik_Billeder-Musik_Billeder: can't read superblock

Output of the blkid:

Code
    root@nas:~# blkid
    /dev/sde: UUID="tFNS1G-i0OZ-KkfP-0P9C-sJWw-Kkrd-2bdfAi" TYPE="LVM2_member"
    /dev/sdc: UUID="LcrJod-2EQp-oi23-0mRm-mbOh-j5Uo-ipaZef" TYPE="LVM2_member"
    /dev/sda: UUID="TI3DFV-gKaq-d0oK-UFid-RfeL-JKWC-88Q40N" TYPE="LVM2_member"
    /dev/sdd: UUID="hgWPii-RbWh-NSPE-Xkxs-0jAt-NYY0-SaCsdD" TYPE="LVM2_member"
    /dev/sdb: UUID="egRNhd-th7t-XLHr-0SOh-fY4n-Urb9-j4El2j" TYPE="LVM2_member"
    /dev/sdg1: UUID="d9a9a85e-6304-4ea5-a14b-e1b1ff914166" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="73f9388b-01"
    /dev/sdg5: UUID="7e64765d-8956-40a3-b1eb-7b3216e3a744" TYPE="swap" PARTUUID="73f9388b-05"
    /dev/mapper/VG_Musik_Billeder-Musik_Billeder: LABEL="Musik" UUID="69e39260-2291-4253-bf3c-18c22faa9b5e" TYPE="xfs"
    /dev/mapper/VG_Film-Film: LABEL="Film" UUID="a3c06756-21dd-4e1d-895d-9d7757d1a65c" TYPE="xfs"

Then:

and:

and finally:

I'm really screwed now... :(?(;(;(

• dmesg output:
    dmesg

I've attached the syslog.syslog.zip

The backup I had, was on that group.
    I do have a backup from 2016, but have no idea how to restore, since there's no restore button in the gui.

Couldn't run that curl command, since it's not installed, and have very little linux experience - sadly.

edit:
    I ran the xfs_repair command on the disc failing with the -n attribute, and this is the output: https://pastebin.com/5RU3c6bi

edit2:
    Usually I don't panic, but this freaks me out a bit. Could I by any chance connect the drive otherwise, and copy what's left on it? I don't care about the music, it's the pictures I'm after.
    Also been reading that I might could try and zero'ing out any bad blocks, thus missing some few files - but I'll take that any day.

• You focus on layers (LVM groups, filesystems) above where the problems live (disk). If this sentence 'The backup I had, was on that group' means you stored a backup on the same disk then you had never had a backup since backups that are not physically separated from the real data are no backups.

Your disk /dev/sde is dying, check output from

Code
    zgrep 'Unrecovered read error - auto reallocate failed' /var/log/syslog*

No idea how to recover from this since I used a data loss decades ago to realize the importance of backup and since then I prefer prevention over drama. I hope others can give some advice how to procede but I would assume first step is anyway to stop fiddling around with the disk and starting with a forensic clone.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!