OMV 4 and Nextcloud in docker Filesystem

• Hi OMV!

Looking to switch from an Xpenology system to OMV.

Now i have been meddling around with OMV, but there is no real Web UI to browse your files in OMV, right?
    So, i wanted to run next cloud next to it as a file browser, but also for the extra features (calendar/contacts/photo gallery). And i want OMV because it manages the disks for me.

I have enough experience with Docker and linux (and i like the idea of dockerizing) so i went on and pulled and ran Linuxserver.io's nextcloud image. It runs smoothly and i can access it.

Now the real problem i have is getting to sync the filesystems right. I mounted /sharedfolders to /data. Does not do the trick (it will create a subfolder for a nextcloud user and the other shared folders will not be accessible).
    Does anyone have this figured out? I cant seem to think of a good way to do this. I used a newly created user (added to all usergroups as it is my "superuser accout", dont worry still playing around in a VM), and i used his UID and the GUID of the group "users".

All the shared folders seem to be owned by root and the group users. Should i change that?

Also, if installing NextCloud natively is a better option to solve this, let me know. And i am also aware of the fact OMV users and NextCloud users do not sync.

Not acceptable solution:
    Create a shared folder via OMV and mount that specific directory at /data in the container. I want all shared folders accessible from my file browser.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!