ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED on only one Windows 10 PC - SOLVED!

• There are three Windows 10 PC's and a handful of Raspberry Pi's on the LAN with my OMV 4.1.7 installation . I'm using DNSMASQ DNS/DHCP for address assignment and lookup. The OMV server uses a static IP address.

With one exception, all of the devices can connect to the OMV box: via ping, SSH connect, map a network drive, and to the HTTP webGUI console. The one exception is a Windows 10 PC. It can ping the OMV server, but cannot connect via SSH/telnet ("Connection Refused"), cannot map a network drive ("Windows cannot access \\192.168.1.111\sharedfiles"), and cannot connect via the webGUI ("The site cannot be reached").

Does anyone have a clue as to why one Windows box is busticated? I have gone through all of the network, firewall and NIC settings, and they seem identical to the other two Windows 10 PC's (which work). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

-larry

• Solution: The PC that could not connect to the OMVserver also has an Oracle VirtualBox installation with an Ubuntu VM machine defined. The static address of that VMbox is the same IP address as that of the OMVserver. WHen trying to launch a session to the OMVserver this PC pointed its IP stack at its internal Oracle VM. ugh! Changing the VM static IP address make the problem go away.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!